Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

B8 Alternative

BChivs

Spa-Francorchamps
So my RUF springs arrived from Germany today, but I cannot source Bilstein B8's anywhere.....I have even been told there is a huge waiting list of up to 12 weeks!
Is there an alternative? Not sure I want to use Koni.

I've got B8's fitted. Put them on earlier this year, and while I like them, and they provide tight control of the springs, they have a very firm low speed ride. I have heard good things of the Koni FSD's?

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96/p96225/C2-Koni-FSD-Shocks

Maybe seek professional opinions from reputable tuners of suspension systems? People like 9Excellence or Centre Gravity etc. Other forum members will have suggested companies as well I'm sure.

If committed to B8's, shop around and most suppliers are willing to price match even online prices. I got mine from Balance Motorsport, though 9E are suppliers as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

There are also a few sellers in fleabay in Germany which normally have stock (or at least they did when I was looking for the 993.

Jamesx19 said:
I've got B8's fitted. Put them on earlier this year, and while I like them, and they provide tight control of the springs, they have a very firm low speed ride. I have heard good things of the Koni FSD's?

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96/p96225/C2-Koni-FSD-Shocks

Maybe seek professional opinions from reputable tuners of suspension systems? People like 9Excellence or Centre Gravity etc. Other forum members will have suggested companies as well I'm sure.

If committed to B8's, shop around and most suppliers are willing to price match even online prices. I got mine from Balance Motorsport, though 9E are suppliers as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have been reading about the Koni FSD since struggling to find B8's and it seems they would be a better option - aparamtly ride nicer but then I found unavailable for the C4S!😔

Is the X73 option based on the B8 of B6?

I was guessing on you car when I searched for B8's so didn't know you had a C4S, it's always good to put what car you have on your profile/sig. Although DT still show as having stock for the C4S.

X73 is the lower option for the wide body 996's so would be more suited to the B8. My narrow body has X74 suspension but I'm using B6 shockers.

I can't help on the B8 front.... But Ruf springs :?: You have my attention :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

infrasilver said:
I was guessing on you car when I searched for B8's so didn't know you had a C4S, it's always good to put what car you have on your profile/sig. Although DT still show as having stock for the C4S.

X73 is the lower option for the wide body 996's so would be more suited to the B8. My narrow body has X74 suspension but I'm using B6 shockers.

Thanks infrasilver, I've just emailed Demon Tweeks to confirm as it says in stock in their other warehouse? I don't want to be caught out placing the order and then a day later receive an email to tell me bad news.

I will update my sig....I'm still trying to work out how to post pics too! :? :thumb:

paul987 said:
I can't help on the B8 front.... But Ruf springs :?: You have my attention :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

It was out of those and the H&R, but the H&R seemed a lot lower than that quoted?? I was chatting to an owner of a Seal Grey C4S at Goodwood running H&R, and although looked nice it was slightly too low for my own taste....I just want a nice drop to lose the arch gap. Time will tell I suppose, from my research the RUF springs looked just right......

Plus it sounds cool to say you've got RUF suspension!! :D :thumb:

So just received this back...... :nooo: :nooo: :dont know: :frustrated:

"Thank you for your email

These dampers are out of stock at Bilstein germany, so they won't be available until at least January 2018.

Please contact me if you have any further queries

Thanks"

There must be a set somewhere in the country....or even Germany/Belgium???
:?

May have to put this on the back burner & wait until the new year to have them fitted.

One other option is to see whether anyone has a B12 kit in stock (the kit is B8 shocks and Eibach springs) so could sell springs on for £200+ I would think.

RobIpswichUK said:
One other option is to see whether anyone has a B12 kit in stock (the kit is B8 shocks and Eibach springs) so could sell springs on for £200+ I would think.

Not a bad shout....il make some enquiries. :thumb: :thumb:

BChivs said:
infrasilver said:

Thanks infrasilver, I've just emailed Demon Tweeks to confirm as it says in stock in their other warehouse? I don't want to be caught out placing the order and then a day later receive an email to tell me bad news.

I will update my sig....I'm still trying to work out how to post pics too! :? :thumb:

Actually, I've been caught out. I ordered a set of pss9 from DT, before I placed the order it said 2-3 days delivery. Well 3 days went by so I emailed them and was told they are on back order and wont be delivered until mid December!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back