Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

T-Charge Compliance Checker

thesmithsUK

My 2003 996 came up as No Charge, I was surprised.....

2004 GT3 not subject either, the daily commute 2004 mini is though :evil:

Anything from before mid 1992 will not have any euro emissions rating, so won't show up in a "what is my car" search. Almost certainly will still have to pay the charge though. There was discussion at some point about an exemption for classics (over 40 years old) but I don't know if anything came of that?

The only 996 which will not have to pay the T charge is the GT3 (including RS) - a bit of Googlage reveals it to be Euro 4 compliant (which is the minimum cutoff for the T charge) whereas the Carreras and Turbos are only Euro 3 and thus get hit by the extra tax. 997s are Euro 4 for Gen 1 and Euro 5 for Gen 2. 991s are all Euro 6 so none of those have to pay it.

maldren said:
My 2003 996 came up as No Charge, I was surprised.....

So am I as checking elsewhere had it as Euro 3 rather than Euro 4. Might be an error or perhaps where I was looking has bad data on the facelifts... Might be worth checking for more sources?

My 2002 C2 is NOT subject

Random ebay 2004 C4S IS subject

My 2002 e46 330d old smoker is also NOT subject

Seems a little odd...

Glitch in the checker perhaps??

My 2003 C2 is subject to the charge.. hmm

This is quite strange to have so many different outcomes

My 2004 996 Turbo is not subject to the charge

My 2005 996 C4S, is not subject to the T-Charge.

TBE997 said:
And then we have the ULEZ coming into force in September 2020... where apparently cars registered before 2005 will be subject to

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone#on-this-page-0

For petrol cars the ULEZ is no different to the T Charge other than that at some point after introduction they plan to greatly expand the area covered to pretty much all of greater London. Anything petrol that meets Euro 4 (as with the T charge) doesn't have to pay it and everything else does.

Where the big change to what is affected happens with that one is with tractor juice, which need to be Euro 6 to avoid the charge (which is the 2016 model year {September 2015} - everything older on the devils fuel will be hit with the tax). This is not actually unreasonable though as the main problem with the air pollution is NOx, and the Euro 6 diesel requirement for that is the same emissions as the Euro 4 petrol level.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back