Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

seat refurbishment further north than southbound

Drop a message to paul284pt in N.Yorks. he used a local guy to produce the 'Singer style' seats in his 964 :cloud9:

I have used Leathercare at Warrington almost next door to Unit 11 and close to Ninemeister. Some of the stuff they do is amazing. Very pleased with their work and not horrendously expensive. Very close to M6 junction but that industrial estate is a maze.

Endoman said:
I have used Leathercare at Warrington almost next door to Unit 11 and close to Ninemeister. Some of the stuff they do is amazing. Very pleased with their work and not horrendously expensive. Very close to M6 junction but that industrial estate is a maze.

They are very popular on other forums (BMW Mercedes etc.....) :thumb:

jonttt said:
Endoman said:

They are very popular on other forums (BMW Mercedes etc.....) :thumb:

I think they had four skins of that Moody Metropole Blue they're trying to shift :what:

wilsonny said:
any tips on somewhere in northwest/northeast that's recommended to replace the drivers side seat pad foam in my hardbacks ? seem to hear nothing but good things about southbound, but it's a fair old way to travel for me from cumbria.

alternatively, anyone had a go themselves and got good results ?

I was speaking to Southbound about this very issue only a couple of weeks ago.

Unless I got the wrong end of the stick, I'm told that Porsche stopped supplying new foam pads for the seats a couple of years ago and no-one else does either. I believe the only option at present is a bit of 'make do and mend' with the old foam, but surely the foam only has a finite life span before it degrades? :dont know: I was expecting that another piece of new foam could be cut to match but apparently it's not as simple as that. :?

I'll be interested to see how you progress with this OP as mine is booked in for a re-trim next summer and my seat pad is starting to show its age and feels a bit sqidgy when compared to the passenger seat.

Endoman said:

I had a lot of work done there a couple of years ago - very happy with the results :thumb:

I'll be interested to see how you progress with this OP as mine is booked in for a re-trim next summer and my seat pad is starting to show its age and feels a bit sqidgy when compared to the passenger seat.

Yes slightly sagging bottom is exactly my problem ! So a bit of a concern that it might not be an easy foam replacement from what you say... I'll repost when I've made some enquiries. Leather is all still good and the passenger side looks like new which is what makes me notice the drivers seat, otherwise id probably live with it as patina if it was even.

The good thing about the seats is you can swap over the seatbacks between driver/passenger to balance out the wear. Unscrew the side hinges, release the wire and lift off. Sadly you can't do it with the base.

Internal seat foam is only available from Porsche due to the moulding blocks. If they no longer supply then you need to rely on the upholsterer to do a good job :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back