Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera T

Is this another less is more model?

I understand from another article that this will cost more than a standard one... lol..

s2000db said:
Is this another less is more expensive?

Yes :?:

TBF the apparently the manual has revised (lower) ratios... and its far more appealing than the 'British Legends" which was obviously by the marketing department. With all due respect to the drivers associated with the models :thumb:

Yes, it's the consolation prize for all those that didn't get a GT3, but desperately want to throw money at Porsche... :puh:

20kg??

Hardly a life changing weight drop.
That's a not very fat driver vs skinny driver? Or a big bag of groceries. :dont know:

plynchy said:
20kg??

When you consider that quite a few buyers will probably tick the zero cost option to put the stereo/nav/speakers/etc back into it, most of them won't even be that much lighter. More of them will probably choose the heavyweight 18 way adjustable seats than buckets as well.

So an extra 7 grand to delete the stereo and rear seats, fit the 20" S wheels and get shorter gearbox ratios...

Another score for the marketing department surely. Rear seat delete, stereo delete and short ratio gearbox could have been readily added to the options list rather than produce yet another Carrera model.

Oh - and fabric seats too..... :dont know:

Disco said:
plynchy said:
20kg??

When you consider that quite a few buyers will probably tick the zero cost option to put the stereo/nav/speakers/etc back into it, most of them won't even be that much lighter. More of them will probably choose the heavyweight 18 way adjustable seats than buckets as well.

So an extra 7 grand to delete the stereo and rear seats, fit the 20" S wheels and get shorter gearbox ratios...

Another score for the marketing department surely. Rear seat delete, stereo delete and short ratio gearbox could have been readily added to the options list rather than produce yet another Carrera model.

Oh - and fabric seats too..... :dont know:

Don't forget about the extra weight the PDK will add, no doubt some people will be selecting that option.

this should be cheaper than a base Carrera - disappointing

obvs Porsche often do 'less is more' but that usually means you get an incredible engine alongside the weight-saving, ala GT3s.

how relevant is the shorter gearing now that Carreras are all turbo-charged?

I would have thought shorter gearing would always be welcome in a sporty car?

Porsche could have at least offered super light weight wheels as an option, then even just a 5kg overall weight saving there would 'feel' like a 30kg weight saving on a standard Carrera

To get the intended vibe right on this car you'd have to spec it without any options surely, so no stereo, aircon even

But what I don't get is these electric seats in combination with shorter ratios. With a sporty drive indicated by that 'box I'd expect buckets as standard (esp for an 8k premium)

So my verdict similar to others here - 80% marketing BS, 20% nice car

Oh, and another thing. At that price point I'm not sure who would buy one of these. Porsche know they're market, but seriously, is this literally a consolation prize rushed out for those who couldn't get an R or GT3 T? Because that's how it looks to me...

However I concede that if that is indeed the case then, well, good on porsche for doing that, in a way at least it shows that they're listening (... or just cashing in, I can't decide...)

End of semi-rant. First world problems! :grin:

Buyers would be better off getting a bog standard S than the T. The extra power more than makes up for the lower gearing.

T is for twoddle!

-20kgs? Large lunch, belt buckle and boots mitigate this?

No more power? Nothing more to say.

Crap seats? Needs the buckets to feel special.

Different colour wing mirrors! WOW

Just build more GT3's?

911 range is starting to get more Peugeot than Porsche?

Think we'll be into 911 mistral, zest or flame next?

jotaking said:
Think we'll be into 911 mistral, zest or flame next?
Probably pretty close to the mark. :D

my expression when i saw the press release

:eh!:

Unfortunately they appear to becoming like for in the 70/80/90s's

Every 3 months lets put some stripes down a fiesta, put some left over fabric on the seats and call it a limited edition

To be fair, it's what quite a few people have been asking for: a lighter, sportier, 911. They now have it (by a small margin).

Thing is, it's not inexpensive at £86k before options. A GTS is only £10k and 25kg more before deleting rear seats, etc. and the T makes it look good value for what you get additionally.

I'm sure they'll sell in their particular niche - they sell every car they build anyway.

It's nearly at the point where there is just one 911 and everything can be configured. Narrow or wide? Check. Turbo or normal aspirated? Check. Engine power? Move slider. FWD or AWD? Check. Manual or PDK? Check. Short or long gearing? Check. Spoilers? Check. Steering wheel in leather or lizard? Check.

I bet the production line is not far away from this now...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back