Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

alarm/fob issues

nickson

slightly annoying issue with my 2000 c2 3.4, central locking doesnt work on the key, so u have to use key to unlock, and if u dont start the car within 10 seconds or so, the alarm goes off.

any ideas

i have not had a chance to look into it, so hopefully its a issue people have encountered before

cheers

Normal if you experience this after a week of not being used as it goes into sleep mode. If it happens all the time not sure but try replacing the battery in the key (does the red light on the key illuminate when you press the lock/unlick button?).

Assumeing this is your main key and not a spare and it used to work then replace the battery .. if still not working then reverse the battery .. press the button then put it back the correct way .

If this doesnt fix it then i would suggest a new key fob is required .

What you have described is normal for a car that has been locked with a fob but opened with the key .

Might be worth seeing if you can open the passenger door as it can happen with faults like this that you cant .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back