Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaky arm rest / storage lid

markz86

My centra arm rest creaks when I rest my arm on it or put pressure on it in any way.

It is the 2 rubber feet against the plastic base that is causing the noise. Does anyone else get this? Is there a way to eliminate the noise?

I can't believe it came out of the factory with this noise?

It's a small in the grand scheme of things but I'm on a mission to elongate all unwanted noises at the moment.

Thanks
Mark

Not sure if that is your noise but to check then a thin smear of vasalene on the rubber grommets and see if it still does it ..

If that does stop it then wipe it off and use a rubber replinisher or Crytox from an OPC to lubricate and stop the noise.

You could also use teflon tape where the grommet rests when closed .

I suspect it will be the lid arm though .

Silicone spray works well.

Have zero vertical play between the 2 rubber feet and the hard plastic, so no creak on my car.

However, have had plastic/rubber creaks on other cars and have always found a squirt of Gummi Pflege to do the trick.

Dermot was right, it was the lid - Northway have sorted it whilst they had it in for a few other bits.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back