Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bad News - Gritters out today Why????????

seeforez

Barcelona
So looking at the forecast it is lowest temp of 8 degrees night time over the next few days and some light rain - but the gritters have been out on the main road nearby...........WHY????????
Please enlighten me, is this just more crazy council behaviour to pay a bit of overtime or am i missing something here?

They're probably just testing the machinery in advance of it actually being needed. I'd be surprised if they are dropping the grit at this stage.

Because they don't want someone to claim when they crash and say the road was icy and not gritted. bonkers but that's what some folks are like these days.

Mike

Frost is due next weekend. They'll either be filling up or testing equipment.

Get em SORN'd lads. Sharpish!!!.... :lol:

We are still in shorts dan salf mate , :heat: :heat: as other said probably either testing kit or trying to use up the surplus in the budget so it doesnt get reduced at the next round of budget costs. :thumb:

It's raining that hard up 'ere today it wouldn't matter any how. All washed away within 10 minutes.

YnlygN8.jpg

amazes me what a few hundred miles can do to the variation in the weather
photo taken at 16.45 today

Attachments

• img_2209_657.jpg
    img_2209_657.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4,355
Haven't sorned the car or the shorts just yet here in South Wales. :D

Gritters in the north...blimey...I'm off to the toon next week for a beer festival. Will I need arctic gear?

G2 said:
Gritters in the north...blimey...I'm off to the toon next week for a beer festival. Will I need arctic gear?

Only if you don't want to fit in. Those nutters are also still in shorts :grin:

yes we still wear shorts and t-shirts even in the rain......don't own coats up here just a thick jumper required if the weather gets really bad!

Tucked away for winter....... great storage place in South Wales if you don't have a garage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back