Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice needed on dent repair screw up

Stever845

Hi guys,
I booked a guy to come and repair a tiny outy dent in my rear wheel arch and he's ended up making it worse so gutted .
He has agreed its worse and is going to have a body shop sort it .
My cars paintwork is gleaming and has been professionally Gtechnic treated , Im scared the car is never gona be the same again when they repair the panel.
What a pain .
How should i proceed

Re: HELP ADVICE NEEDED PAINT-LESS DENT REPAIR SCREW UP

Stever845 said:
Hi guys,
I booked a guy to come and repair a tiny outy dent in my rear wheel arch and he's ended up making it worse so gutted .
My cars paintwork is gleaming and has been professionally Gtechnic treated , Im scared the car is never gona be the same again when the repair the panel.
What a pain .
How should i proceed

Just take it to Porsche and say it needs to be perfect and make him pay for it.

Re: HELP ADVICE NEEDED PAINT-LESS DENT REPAIR SCREW UP

Stever845 said:
Hi guys,
My cars paintwork is gleaming and has been professionally Gtechnic treated , Im scared the car is never gona be the same again when the repair the panel.
What a pain .
How should i proceed

I have come across these outie dents several times ( I am a PDR tech ), I believe it is caused by rivet heads that get drilled out for some reason, repainting or trim removal maybe, that drop down into the void and get trapped between the skins. They eventually work their way down and cause the outie problem.
The only way to successfully remove the dent properly is to remove the cause, then dress the metal to shape.
If the paint is not already damaged it may be salvageable by a competent tech, some trim removal and patience.

If the paint is damaged then the only course of action is to repaint and come to some agreement with the tech about payment ...... he should have liability Insurance :?:

If the initial damage wasn`t caused by the rivet problem just dismiss this post as a complete load of cods :D

Hope you get a suitable conclusion.

The guy has basically said whatever it takes to get it sorted and yes he has Liability Insurance . He has said he will sort it all out and get it done at Cotswold Accident Repairs Witney,anyone know anything about them.
Im starting to think It might be a better idea as BChivs said and take it to Porsche myself on the agreement he covers the cost and porsche agree.

The rivet theory makes sense and would explain the outy .
I would of thought he would recognise early on it wasn't moving but he just kept hitting it harder, the area is now slightly distorted and easily noticeable.
It was hard to find prior to this .
What a pain .
Am i right to expect a full repair.

Stever845 said:
The guy has basically said whatever it takes to get it sorted and yes he has Liability Insurance . He has said he will sort it all out and get it done at Cotswold Accident Repairs Witney,anyone know anything about them.
Im starting to think It might be a better idea as BChivs said and take it to Porsche myself on the agreement he covers the cost and porsche agree.

The rivet theory makes sense and would explain the outy .
I would of thought he would recognise early on it wasn't moving but he just kept hitting it harder, the area is now slightly distorted and easily noticeable.
It was hard to find prior to this .
What a pain .
Am i right to expect a full repair.

I've had bad experiences with body shops and paintwork.....by the sounds of it your car is well looked after and if your anything like me which I get the impression you are, your fastidious.
Going back several years ago I bought a mint 330Ci Sport Coupe. I searched high and low for a long time to find a mint car.....it was a completely original 1 owner car, Impecable service history, silly low mileage original sales receipt etc....the list goes on and the sort of car that doesn't crop up often.....to cut a long story short I had a local body shop do some paintwork on it to remove a few stone chips and they completely screwed it! Every time I kicked off about it they would have it back to rectify they just made it worse! It left such a bad taste in my mouth I sold the car.
Moral of the story is don't take that risk.....go to a main dealer or Porsche approved, stress the importance of an A1 finish and you will have no worries. You will collect the car and you won't even be able to tell it's had work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back