Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

7.2 GT3 "TC failure" light on

sfo

my car developed "Traction Control failure" last week.

The warning comes on only when there is steering lock, and warning goes off when going straight ahead.

my Porsche tech changed the steering wheel sensor - turned out to be a Cayenne part, and relatively cheap at £75 - last night to no avail.

the steering wheel sensor was successfully calibrated a few times last night, but after a few movements and a short drive, the "traction control failure" light comes on and off as before.

PIWIs doesn't say what the issue is, just that there is a problem with initialising the steering wheel angle sensor. The fault code is 4444.

We are now going to change the steering wheel module .. which apart from the PSM module, can be the only thing causing the problem. Apparently, PSM module hardly ever goes wrong. My tech has never changed one, having been a Porsche tech since 997s were introduced.

Thoughts, suggestions and similar experiences most welcome.

Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back