Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Tyres

Raynesy

My C4S is due a new set of boots all round - it looks like the general consensus is that Michelin Pilots are about the best option?? (this is what it has currently although they're 6 years old and the rears are a bit baldy on the inner edge)

Any super-good deals out there that anyones aware of?

Tyre Leader are £650 for all 4 (plus cost of fitting locally of course) - I think that sounds about as good as its going to get???

The drawback with internet tyres is you cant see the age of them.
An enquiry to ask how old the tyres are draws a blank.

It is possible to buy 'new' tyres and then to find at fitment that they may be months or up to 3 years old. The wall of the tyre shows the week and year of manufacture. For example 1216 meaning week 12 in 2016, so made around March 2016.

:yeah: Agree about dates

I tend to be ultra fussy about motorcycle tyres and always ensure i am happy with the age as described by cheshire911.

I have always been satisfied with tyres (both car and bike) from https://www.oponeo.co.uk/

Not sure how the prices work out for youre sizes though. - have a look.

I get my tyres from Tyreleader never had a problem... It used to tell you the age of manufacture in the description/spec info...

Thanks for the heads-up re the age of the tyres, hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the Oponeo recomendation - I know a few people who have used them, unfortunatlely they're not very compeitive on price for my size, especially factoring in fitting cost.

Spent a bit of time this afternoon trawling online to get some prices on Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N3 rated tyres, thought I'd share my results:

Kwikfit - no N rated tyres on website
ATS - no front N rated tyres
Formula One - £712 fitted
Mytyres - £851.80 + fitting
Black Circles - £753 fitted
Asda - £717.50 fitted (only list an N4 rear)
National - £790.22 fitted
Oponeo - £730 + fitting
Tyres On the Drive - £799.96 fitted
Tyre Shopper - £790.02 fitted
Tyre Leader - £701.58 + fitting
Confused.com - £717.50 fitted (only list an N4 rear)
Camskill - £707.80 + fitting

Unless my local garage can beat the Formula one price I'll get it booked in over the next week...

That F1 price is very good. I paid (off memory) around £750 for all 4 PS2 N3's (fitted) back in 2015.

I don't think your local guy can beat it. The surprise comes when you have paid online, go to the fitters and discover they are 2 years old! They have been lying around somewhere in Europe in a warehouse with no controlled temperature or humidity!

But you can reject them at the fitters i suppose and get your money back no problem if you paid by credit card (goods not to the quality for 'new' merchandise)

Are PS2s the best option for a C4S? Mine will need new ones soon due to them being old rather than worn.

Seems that the only options available in the correct sizes are PZero Rossos, Bridgestone S02As and PS2s.

The view of many is PS2's are the best of the choices you have listed.
Even OPC recommended PS to me and Center Gravity also endorsed my choice of Michelin PS's.

Rest is up to you.

Got mine from CostCo 6 months ago, can't remember the price but they were definitely less than £700 all in.

Thanks Grey996 - I did ask in Costco last week when I was there, but I'm sure the total was more than £700 - I'll give them a call and try them again...

Not sure on the sizes for the C4S but for my C2 (18" wheel option - 285 section rear/225 front) Costco were well under £700 last year.

Tyres were fresh as they come - ordered about a month before Xmas but Michelin didn't have stock and were making them to order - nobody else in the UK seemed able to get stock either (I tried several places)

Purchased with the usual Michelin offer that comes around a couple of times a year, 3% cashback with the Amex/Exec membership. Fitting is first class - nitrogen inflation, wheels cleaned when fitted, bolts torqued to correct spec, pressure set to spec etc. A world away from the usual fast fit places.

Worth checking out if you're buying Michelin.

Have also used Camskill and Tyre Leader with no issues before. Oponeo were rubbish and sent me badly stored/well 'matured' tyres (almost two years old sold as new). Took more hassle than it should for them to collect and refund - went though PayPal in the end. Very poor customer service.

I was in a similar dilemma in Summer and ended up with PS2 N2 rears & PS4 non N rated fronts, just shy of £600 hope they bring out PS4's in rear size soon!

I went for falken f453's all round.. I have no complaints. The N rated brigade won't be happy :x but I think they are great and they stick to the road like s##t to a soldiers blanket

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back