Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moving on from Porsche !

stubbsy

Monza
Well as they say all good things must come to an end , due to the Turbos rising value I had to take the opportunity to raise some cash and unfortunately I have recently downgraded my 996 turbo and picked up my replacement at the weekend.
After seven years of owning Porsche's I had enjoyed the experience very much and I am going to miss the certain characteristics that make the Porsche brand unique, fun to drive and instantly recognisable on the road.
After joining the Porsche ranks with a 996 C2 i moved on to a 996 turbo and have enjoyed owning both cars , my C2 had pse fitted and the growl from that exhaust was great fun and that was the one thing that let the turbo down the exhaust note but the speed from the turbo was something else even by today's standards with the exhaust and remap fitted the power the car has is fanatastic and keeps up with any modern day car.
Fortunately the wife was understanding of my dilemma of me reluctantly letting the turbo go therefore this allowed to Find something slightly more practical but still allowing me to find something that would give me the buzz of a good turn of pace and something I wasn't going to resent every time I walked up to it.
That led me to researching into rs5's and the more I looked into the more I liked it , I looked into similar cars in that range c63 - mpg is awful , m3 - just wasn't feeling the m3
Picked the rs5 up on Saturday and I am seriously impressed the engine is the star attraction and it sounds awesome, it is a bit of a sleeper more family car orientated but sporty when you want it to be , the throttle blips on downshifts and on up changes it's lets out a subtle chug !
I am naturally sad to see the turbo go but having a newer car also has some benefits too I.e newer interior a lot more extras/ mod cons it is a nice car to be in and has helped plug the gaping hole I felt a couple of weeks ago when I sold my turbo!
I managed to find a really clean low Mileage rs5 with all my first choice options therefore had to get rid of the turbo slightly quicker than anticipated , I tried selling privately but I think the issue is right now the prices are so wide so generating interest was difficult , this may come as a surprise but the buyer of the turbo was we buy any car, they offered a strong price for it and was a pleasant service to use, friendly and efficient with everything clearly explained.
Thanks for all the advice people has offered through various posts I have found 911 uk an excellent source of data and friendly advice from like minded enthusiasts , im sure I will be back in a Porsche at some point but for now it's time to move on with the Audi, I'll get some picture up when I can! !

Hope you enjoy your new car.

It will be interesting to see where you old car ends up, can you give us some details so we can look out for it?

maldren said:

It will be interesting to see where you old car ends up, can you give us some details so we can look out for it?
Thanks
I was thinking the same , my understanding from them is it goes to a trade auction although that's as much as I know !
Car reg I sold it on was mx54 zkz

The curse of rising values; cannot drive the damned things!

stubbsy said:
maldren said:

Thanks
I was thinking the same , my understanding from them is it goes to a trade auction although that's as much as I know !
Car reg I sold it on was mx54 zkz

Cobalt blue with colour coded hard back sports seats and console. Lovely car!
Won't be trading mine in for an Audi :D
Stubbsy's Dad :thumb:

Interesting thread, what does the rs5 go like compared to amapped turbo ?

But as a note we buy any car bought my mates evo x fq360 for more than he could get private or px

So sometimes they come up trumps

A colleague sold his mental mapped RS6 avant to them at not much else less than he wanted private, apparently off to trade auction , they must put reserves on them ?

my understanding is they give 10% off book and auction them off

Jonathon555 said:
Interesting thread, what does the rs5 go like compared to amapped turbo ?

But as a note we buy any car bought my mates evo x fq360 for more than he could get private or px

So sometimes they come up trumps

It is completely different engine, I would
Say marginally slower but still good for 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds, less brutal acceleration than the turbo when you step
On it in the turbo once you have the slight pause and the turbos kicks in you feel the forceful power delivery .
I think in terms of daily driving you are talking fractions yes over a larger stretch possibly on a track or straight run the turbo im sure would leave it behind but on the road everyone day driving the rs5 does an excellent job of filling the void the turbo left.
I'd say more progressive in the rs5 but still you know you are giving it some still, its chalk and cheese really as the rs5 is an na engine which loves to be revved and the gearbox is set up nicely with very quick gear changes, it red lines at 8,300 they have completely different characteristics in my opinion both fun their own right, the noise from the rs5 engine is something else hearing the v8 growl and blip on downshifts

4 years ago, when I was selling my 996C2 (Hartech rebuild), I got a quote from "we buy any car" out of curiosity.

They offered £8K........I sold the car for £15k privately.

A London Indy had offered £13k.........OPC £12k.

So I find it surprising that they have come up trumps.

But I expect if they ripped everybody off, they would have gone out of business by now.

OP..... I agree with your point about "mod cons", they certainly soften the blow a little. Audi interiors are very good IMHO

Not too many rs5s about so you have done well getting a nice one.

Your 'old porker' looks so good... :D

I think you may want her back soon :sad:

Where's your dad :dont know: clip round the ear will sort this boy out :floor: And I hope you keep driving your car round to make jnr :envy:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:

Where's your dad :dont know: clip round the ear will sort this boy out :floor: And I hope you keep driving your car round to make jnr :envy:

I'm here :)
I did warn him he might regret it but needs must!
I'm sure he'll be back in the fold at sometime in the future. Bloody hell, I was 51 when I got my first 911. He's early thirties and he's had two already :oops: :D

HSC911 said:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back