Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to improve the 964's radio reception?

thesmithsUK

Evening all,

I'm looking for some advice on getting a decent radio signal in my 964.

Has anyone managed to improve their reception? Without spending a fortune!

I know, I should just be enjoying the engine note but...

For info, the car was spec'd in 1990 with a Blaupunkt Toronto which, within months, was replaced by a Sony 7201 (I've still got the bill for £1,035!). Then, about 10 years ago, an Alpine system was fitted (CDE-103BT with 3540 power amp and speakers).

Have you checked the aerial connection to the front windscreen? You can access it behind the clock dial. It might be the connector has come loose :dont know:

Hmm, will check that tomorrow...

There's a bit of a DIY on RL Here where our US friends have trouble with it being on the RHS. It's easier for us.

Worth looks my into this

Radio Booster Amp (part # 964-645-173-00)

Lots of info on RL - It's on my to do list as my reception is also garbage.

Hi Mine was pretty rubbish until i found that the thin black lead to the booster wasn't connected to the back of the radio - 2 minute fix and all good. it was cable tied up in the bunch of wires immediately behind the HU but not obvious what it should do
Not sure why the lead is black originally rather than blue as most antenna leads are but then it was made a long time ago :wink:

HTH
8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back