Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

go to place for wheel refurb?

adrian993

Monza
What's the best regarded place to get a wheel refurb if I'm looking to return the wheels to a oem color and brand new finish?

Kind regards, Adrian

Lepsons or Chris at exel wheels ( via Lepsons I believe )

adrian993 said:
What's the best regarded place to get a wheel refurb if I'm looking to return the wheels to a oem color and brand new finish?

Kind regards, Adrian

Where are you based?

am buying the wheels from someone and they need a refresh so I guess it doesn't matter. will probably have the seller ship it to the refurb place or drop it off if its close..

Romax in Stockton on Tees. Have done three set for me over the past five years.

Amazing job on a really abused set of Integrale Montecarlo's, including sorting out a buckled wheel. They were so bad I thought they were repo's till they stripped them down.

Used by all the local franchised dealers. Know the correct OEM paint codes.

Prices on their website, but just over £200.

imac said:
Romax in Stockton on Tees. Have done three set for me over the past five years.

Amazing job on a really abused set of Integrale Montecarlo's, including sorting out a buckled wheel. They were so bad I thought they were repo's till they stripped them down.

Used by all the local franchised dealers. Know the correct OEM paint codes.

Prices on their website, but just over £200.

Romax are ok and reasonably priced but Lepsons/Exel are far better, however they will be more expensive.

C.

adrian993 said:
It sounds like exel is the go to place?

Forget the rest just go to the best. Chris is highly respected on the forum.

If it's quality and convenience you're after (Chris will come to you and fit a set of loan wheels if required), then Chris at Exel is your man. ;)

C.

+1 for Chris. Did my Turbo hollows and Cup IIs.

If they are in reasonable nick and just need a respray or powder coat (which I would not advise.) and you are in the North West there is a place in Longton nr. Preston that do a great job for about £80 per wheel I think 9Apart at Ramsbottom use them. Excel wheels have a well founded and good reputation. I've had 3 sets of wheels done by :- http://www.tillingalloywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/
They have powder coated various bits of engine tinware and the torsion tube from the 944. Cheap, fairly quick but very difficult to find out in the sticks.

Platinum Wheels in Swindon Wilts is the only place I'd ever go.....they do all the wheels for Swindon Porsche Centre, Dick Lovett BMW, and Dick Lovett Ferrari. There process is OCD and the finish is almost to a higher standard than OEM

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back