Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Walked away from this one!

Thefinn

Barcelona
As the heading says I had to walk away from this, it looks great in the photo's and has great spec but had a few issues.

http://www.midlandpremiercars.co.uk/used-porsche-911-coventry-warwickshire-1283344

15510297.jpg

2007 57 PORSCHE 911 3.8 CARRERA 4 S 2D 350 BHP £38,995

It just felt a bit unloved things like the cup holder was broken and the CD holder popped out on the seat when I pressed it. I think the front bumper had taken a knock at some point as there was a lump of filler around the town hook insert so it was not quite round. I started it from cold and the battery was a bit flat but that's probably because it has been standing but I don't know if I was being bore score paranoid but I am sure there was a slight tick but as I said that's was probably me. I left it running for a while to get it up to temp then it sprung a leak, the final nail was I had been told it had a full service history but it had not been serviced for the first 4 years!

Is that the going rate for a Gen 1 these days?!

I'm sure DH had a Gen 2 coupe (similar to mine) for less than that recently

I'm not the up on prices for these cars but that seems very high, seems like gen.2 Money.

isysman said:
I'm no the up on prices for these cars but that seems very high, seems like gen.2 Money.

Have to agree, that's what I thought chum. The dealer has over-egged it somewhat :what:

They always say, if it doesn't feel right. Its because it isn't right.

You'll find another. I'd probably have walked away too.

neil_911 said:
They always say, if it doesn't feel right. Its because it isn't right.

You'll find another. I'd probably have walked away too.

At £39k for a Gen 1 Vert it should never have got to viewing the thing never lone feeling right :thumb:

Gut instinct is never wrong, there are plenty of others and priced better as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back