Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Jcx

Hi Guys,

My DSC Sport V1 Plug and Play PASM upgrade just landed this morning. It installed in a few minutes - it truly is plug 'n play - and then i went back to work.

So i have yet to drive it... tomorrow maybe.

Anyone got one? What do you think? Anyone ordered one and got rid of it sharpish for any reason?

I plan to write-up my expereinces in Total 911 column in Issue 160 which is due out in early December.

Naturally i will update you guys too ;-)

JCX

I doubt anyone would get rid of it mate, as you know I think it transformed my 997 GTS and its done wonders for the 991 GT3.

I hope you're bringing it to the pheasant on Wednesday.

Regards
Fred

FredGT3 said:
I doubt anyone would get rid of it mate, as you know I think it transformed my 997 GTS and its done wonders for the 991 GT3.

I hope you're bringing it to the pheasant on Wednesday.

Regards
Fred

Everyone has their reasons Fred ;-)

And yes, i do hope to rumble along with my 'upgraded' motor!

Look forward to it.

jcx

It replaces the standard PASM controller, but it hooks up to the G sensor on the car so it will soften off the suspension in a straight line, stiffen the front under braking, the rear under hard acceleration and one side or the other on cornering.

On the local fen roads my GTS was awful in Sport mode, this module transformed it.

The 981/991 v2 device also changes the behaviour of the dynamic engine mounts if fitted.

Regards
Fred

FredGT3 said:
It replaces the standard PASM controller, but it hooks up to the G sensor on the car so it will soften off the suspension in a straight line, stiffen the front under braking, the rear under hard acceleration and one side or the other on cornering.

On the local fen roads my GTS was awful in Sport mode, this module transformed it.

The 981/991 v2 device also changes the behaviour of the dynamic engine mounts if fitted.

Regards
Fred

:popcorn: :popcorn: what sort of money are these units. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
FredGT3 said:

Regards
Fred

http://www.dscsport.com/porsche/#997

Jcx said:
Phil 997 said:
FredGT3 said:

Regards
Fred

http://www.dscsport.com/porsche/#997

Great thanks :thumb:

The DSC unit was the first thing I added to my 997 turbo, literally days after buying the car, as I just found the car un-driveable on my local roads. Ridiculously bouncy in normal mode and rock solid in sport.

I was a bit apprehensive about the price as its not cheap, but it was well worth it as it totally transformed the car. Both modes are very useable on the bendy B roads where I live.

I've got one. It took a little while to get used to the new handling characteristics, and then I stuck the car in a container.... It does help with body control, and reduces both squat under acceleration, and dive under braking.

It might seem, at first glance, a lot of money, but if you look at what a full set of replacement suspension might cost to improve the handling (ie Ohlins R&T), then it's a bargain, and enables you to get the most out of the OEM Bilstein DampTronic coilovers.

And if you really want, you can start playing with the settings, a little bit like remapping the engine ECU for suspension. There is a very long thread on Rennlist, various new maps to download and a lot of support direct from TPC Racing.

What impact does this have on Porsche warranty? Is it something you would have to take out before going in for service or warranty renewal?

Definitely best to take the unit out before a visit to the OPC, it's easy enough, no tools needed.

I put one in my 997.2 and appreciated how it refined the ride and made sport mode much more usable. I felt it modernised the car, more relaxed under normal loads and yet more responsive to braking, cornering and accelerating. It soon became normal and when I took it out prior to trading in, I immediately noticed more pitter patter and brittle feeling.

Not surprisingly it's now in the GT3, although I did need to send the module back to TPC to have different firmware installed and also needed their 3-axis accelerometer to feed it with the data it needs, as apart from the Turbo, gen1 cars don't have 3-axis for the PASM. The GT3 is obviously a stiffer car, but again I feel it's modernised it, more composed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back