Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 79
996 : 1997-2005 48
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

996ttalot
Approved Trader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:
Aaaarrggghh how did I miss this thread!

Didn’t have a clue what was going on, if anyone’s moving one on, or there’s still a deal, can you let me know please?

Confused
Group buy was £880+Vat but cannot match that now, but we still have 10% off our reduced price already which is £995+vat less 10% which is £895.50+vat. Just give Gemma a call on 01293226911 or email us at parts@nineexcellence.com

Ken

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jcx wrote:
My review of the DSC V1 is now published in issue 160 of Total 911 magazine in the Living The Legend section.

That's a spot on review IMO. I am now a month into having it fitted and drive mostly now in Sport PASM it has to be at the very top of anyone with a 997s list. Whether you like stock or modded cars makes no difference as the DSC just makes the car better and how it should have always been.
Great article Jcx Thumb Thumb

Jcx
Estoril

2010 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Jcx wrote:
My review of the DSC V1 is now published in issue 160 of Total 911 magazine in the Living The Legend section.

That's a spot on review IMO. I am now a month into having it fitted and drive mostly now in Sport PASM it has to be at the very top of anyone with a 997s list. Whether you like stock or modded cars makes no difference as the DSC just makes the car better and how it should have always been.
Great article Jcx Thumb Thumb

Thanks Phil! Much appreciated. As K888ETH said, i should have done this upgrade sooner. Ho-hum. It's done now Smile

s2000db
Hockenheim

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of questions if I may....

1. Is the unit totally undetectable by an OPC during servicing/warranty (obviously I’d remove it before servicing), my car is still under OPC warranty and I don’t want it affected in any way.

2. Is the hardware for the unit different from the original item? In other words if you were able to access and program the original unit could it replicate the functionality of the DSC module, or is it far more sophisticated than that??

3. Now you’ve had it for a while, anyone not like it/don’t think there’s much improvement??

Thanks for your help guys...
996 C4

Jcx
Estoril

2010 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:

1. Is the unit totally undetectable by an OPC during servicing/warranty (obviously I’d remove it before servicing), my car is still under OPC warranty and I don’t want it affected in any way.

2. Is the hardware for the unit different from the original item? In other words if you were able to access and program the original unit could it replicate the functionality of the DSC module, or is it far more sophisticated than that??

3. Now you’ve had it for a while, anyone not like it/don’t think there’s much improvement??

It is a different box in a different material and colour with a DSC sticker on it per my article. It is totally detectable if you look at it.

Now, will a service agent look at it? Who knows. But as an OPC is tasked with a speedy completion to get their bonus they dont have spare time.

Is it detectable by the OPC computer? dont know.

I believe the DSC box is a much faster processor than the original - that is part of its gain.

I am keeping mine. Its not going back Smile

If you can afford to part with £1K+/- then do it. Its a great upgrade. If you can't, and many can't, then enjoy what you have.

MaxA
Suzuka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:

1. if you're worried it's easy enough to remove for a service
2. I think it is both hard- and software
3. Good question. In my view, it is an improvement to ride quality, while improving and enhancing the reaction time of the active suspension. But it does take some getting used to, as the car doesn't send the same clear signals back to the driver in extremis (as there's less roll, dive and squat).

I'm sure than one day, there'll be threads about wanting to drive a real 911 on passive suspension, because it's more analog, and you have more control over the weight shift, bla bla bla, and it's for poofters on the commute with tips and PDKs, not real badasses on a race track who want to change their own gears and go around corners without the nannying interference of software writers who don't drive the typical B roads I'm a driving god on, and so on and so forth.

Just speculating over here of course.

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:

Mine is a keeper lol. Of all the guys I know that brought them I have only heard 1 say he was a bit underwhelmed by it. Everyone else feels a noticeable improvement

Boba fett
Watkins Glen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed any difference, however, at the last Service Porsche Tech did say, your car car drives like no other I have driven, what have you done? Dont know Dont know Dont know

Grin Thumb Thumb Thumb

FredGT3
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is detectable when the car is hooked up for diagnostics as Porsche's software will not get the response it expects if they interrogate the PASM module. However for general diagnostics my understanding it doesn't alert people to its presence.

Whilst the processor is faster its debatable how much difference this actually makes as the oem suspension isn't as quick to respond as after market Damptronic items.

It does work brilliantly though!

s2000db
Hockenheim

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your responses guys, it's very interesting and food for thought...

My first reaction, is that it'll be a much bigger change for those cars that need a 3 dimensional G sensor, as that's adding more functionality/control than what previously existed, whereas for the Turbo owners less so...

I'm still having a ponder...
Question Smile
996 C4

maph
Silverstone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:

I'm still having a ponder...
Question Smile

I have a Turbo S as well and can only echo every comment/ review made above and would highly recommend.

My car is lowered on H&R springs (which rode pretty well) but it has improved the car a lot.......

It reduces thumps and crashing over potholes.
It improves handling around corners, feeling more settled and less roll.
It eliminates the slight bobbing sensation in comfort mode.
It makes sport mode usable on the road (I use it 85% now, when it was 15% before).
It only takes 5 mins to fit/ remove.

Downsides.....

Costs money, but it is Christmas Thumb

Martian
Sepang

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
.....how it should have always been......

Remember that the original PASM software was developed ~13 years ago and was good in its day, the DSC box really brings it up to date.

New997buyer
Yas Marina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dana bye

1) There’s no residual trace as I understand (similar concerns). But mail them direct and triple check? They’re very good at managing customer inquiries. Or check with 9E?
2) The internal hardware is different as well as the software. It is also adjustable and reprogrammable. My tech savvy friends say it’s a very goood piece of kit. And as Martin (Hi Martin bye ) says the tech has moved on significantly in the 11-13 years since the original was developed. Just like our phones have.
3) It is. Significantly. By all means have a go in mine. (That reminds me I need to organise a meet Embarassed ). I drive with mine in PASM engaged mode most of the time it’s so good. And when off the ride is much much smoother while also being flatter. Noticeably so. It’ll be smoother than your M4 I’m certain. Though it may already be!

I’m not a fadist by any means. But I’ll be taking mine out for my next car if I sell. Thumb

997.1 turbo
Ex 996.2 turbo, 996.1 C2

s2000db
Hockenheim

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul, many thanks for your reply.. Smile

Yes good to hear your thoughts, and I'm starting to lean towards this now, but I've not driven the car much recently so need to get re-accustomed to its ride/handling.
You're right, the M4 is much sharper over the bumps, even in comfort, and this sort of device would be very useful for it...

So, anyone told their insurance yet? Whistling

Yes, a meet would be good sometime.. Thumb
996 C4

Driver77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting read, some great posts.

For me the ride is one area which I feel could be improved. I have Sports PASM and really like the look -20mm but can’t help but feel my ride is a little firmer than standard PASM, especially on U.K. roads.

I’m just coming to the end of my 2 year Porsche warranty as I bought an approved car. I’ve really had my value out of the warranty and am looking to renew for another 2 years so therefore have no choice but to keep standard. This seems like a great mod, I can plug and unplug as necessary.

I just wish I could try before I buy as it were. I’m actually in Washington next week and am probably going to head up to see Tom at DSC but unfortunately they don’t appear to be able to demo. Although there seems to be a unified resounding endorsement of this product, I really would like to feel the difference first!!

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driver77 wrote:
Really interesting read, some great posts.

For me the ride is one area which I feel could be improved. I have Sports PASM and really like the look -20mm but can’t help but feel my ride is a little firmer than standard PASM, especially on U.K. roads.

I’m just coming to the end of my 2 year Porsche warranty as I bought an approved car. I’ve really had my value out of the warranty and am looking to renew for another 2 years so therefore have no choice but to keep standard. This seems like a great mod, I can plug and unplug as necessary.

I just wish I could try before I buy as it were. I’m actually in Washington next week and am probably going to head up to see Tom at DSC but unfortunately they don’t appear to be able to demo. Although there seems to be a unified resounding endorsement of this product, I really would like to feel the difference first!!

What area of the country are you as someone close to you may be able to meet up. Thumb

Driver77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hertfordshire if anyone is local 👍

Driver77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
I never noticed any difference, however, at the last Service Porsche Tech did say, your car car drives like no other I have driven, what have you done? Dont know Dont know Dont know

Grin Thumb Thumb Thumb

If you didn’t notice any difference, is that to suggest you’re not happy with it and not pleased you parted with the money for it?

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driver77 wrote:
Boba fett wrote:

Grin Thumb Thumb Thumb

If you didn’t notice any difference, is that to suggest you’re not happy with it and not pleased you parted with the money for it?

Floor Floor no Boba didn't notice the difference because when he went to fit it he found he already had one fitted to his car Grin Grin which is why his tech has said he thought it drove so much better than other Turbos he had driven . Thumb

Boba fett
Watkins Glen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Quite the contrary...

Please look at previous posts.....

The DSC is amazing, it does exactly what it says on the Tin !!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: