Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trickle charger

nickjonesn4

Do people leave their cars on trickle chargers all year round or just over winter/when car off road?

If your car has a recent/decent Battery then a week or so won't harm it. I plug my car in if left longer than 7/10 Days to keep the Battery conditioned, however over the colder winter months I keep it on trickle charge (CTEK MXS 5.0) constantly.

C.

I'm lucky enough to have a garage so its easy to hook it up every time I put her away. So basically the car is on the CTEK for a lot of the year!

I tend to leave mine on all yr round, as long as it's a decent trickle charger it shouldn't do the battery any harm, in fact it'll probably prolong the life of the battery

Cheers all. Just plugged in spare C Teck so all good. Will just plug in when it's in the garage.

Took me a Minute to find the battery!!

I posted about this recently, and then bought the CTEK cx-5.0
I didn't like the idea of leaving it connected though while I was away though, so didn't bother.
I've just come back from 4 weeks in the USA - the VW Golf started at the first turn of the key, the Merc A180 started straight away, the 993 battery was as flat as a pancake.
I should have listened to everyone and plugged the damn CTEK in - these old 993's are crap at anything more than 10 - 14 days with no use!

Grrrrr.... :nooo:

My Turbo is always on the trickle charger in the garage unless I'm going to use it in the next couple of days. In 6 years its had three new batteries even with the trickle charger on it. I must find that Tracker as I'm sure that's what's draining the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back