Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M030 KIT.

The Lone Ranger

Just had full M030 kit fitted with new drop links, and I am impressed. Not harsh at all, but cornering and braking is much improved. A very happy driver. :thumb:

The Lone Ranger said:
Just had full M030 kit fitted with new drop links, and I am impressed. Not harsh at all, but cornering and braking is much improved. A very happy driver. :thumb:

We need more details :)

Which model (996.1/2, C2/4, 4S/turbo)? Who supplied the kit?

M030

I bought the kit from Porsche who were the cheapest believe it or not. My car is a 2002 3.6 C2 coupe. With 89k miles. Delighted with the results. :thumb:

Re: M030

The Lone Ranger said:
I bought the kit from Porsche who were the cheapest believe it or not. My car is a 2002 3.6 C2 coupe. With 89k miles. Delighted with the results. :thumb:
Can i be rude and ask how much you paid for the kit and from which dealer?

M030

That's fine, it was £970 from Porsche Teesside. With PCGB discount it was £897. That's cheaper than anywhere else I could find, by some margin. I also bought new drop links and top mounts, which were all fitted together. Car feels fantastic. :thumb:

The Lone Ranger said:
That's fine, it was £970 from Porsche Teesside. With PCGB discount it was £897. That's cheaper than anywhere else I could find, by some margin. I also bought new drop links and top mounts, which were all fitted together. Car feels fantastic. :thumb:

That is a good price! Shocks are nearly that on there own in mist places. I take it you need to be a paid up member of PCGB to take advantage? I had my 4S serviced today at Porsche Centre Bristol and they have reported that the lower ball joints and top mounts could do with attention soon..classed it as advisory for now but need it done. I'd be up for fitting an ME030 and the suggested other bits.

BChivs you get 10% Porsche club discount. My parts guys give me that no problem anyway if you just ask. I've never been in the PCGB.

The M030 is a great sensibly priced option. My car came with it from the factory and I was pretty set on renewing it next year but I've decided I want height adjustment so I'll need proper coilovers.

On a recent NC500 trip we had to wind my mates KW equipped car up a few millimetres for clearance. It was a nice option to have. On M030s it would have been fine but I like my car to sit lower than M030.

I have aftermarket springs on mine but I wouldn't want to do the NC500 at that height.

Things have moved on in 20 years though and our other mate actually had a failed M030 damper after just 21k miles.
For anyone happy with M030 height though, that doesn't need adjustment, then it's pretty unbeatable for value.

Marky911 said:
BChivs you get 10% Porsche club discount. My parts guys give me that no problem anyway if you just ask. I've never been in the PCGB.

The M030 is a great sensibly priced option. My car came with it from the factory and I was pretty set on renewing it next year but I've decided I want height adjustment so I'll need proper coilovers.

On a recent NC500 trip we had to wind my mates KW equipped car up a few millimetres for clearance. It was a nice option to have. On M030s it would have been fine but I like my car to sit lower than M030.

I have aftermarket springs on mine but I wouldn't want to do the NC500 at that height.

Things have moved on in 20 years though and our other mate actually had a failed M030 damper after just 21k miles.
For anyone happy with M030 height though, that doesn't need adjustment, then it's pretty unbeatable for value.

It's a weigh up of cost though.....I'd personally like to go a little lower but I don't think I would want to go full coilovers as your looking circa 2k. For what I use the car and the little amount of annual mileage it would be a waste. My ideal set up would be Bilstien B8 dampers and -20mm RUF springs but that would still be a fair but more than that cracking value M030 kit. Just seems a well priced option and allows the chance to sort the other advisories at the same time.

The Lone Ranger said:

You've done really well there. I paid £1200 + VAT from Porscheshop. Needed it straight away and Porsche in West Sussex didn't have any so had to swallow it. A bargain!!

Couldn't agree anymore. My car suspension feels like it's been to the gym! MO30 gets my recommendation too. :thumb:

I think it's a great option, I've just had the kit fitted to my 2000 C4. I wanted it to sit lower as well so fitted H&M -25mm springs. Still worked out cheaper than getting bilsteins etc

+1

You can't go wrong with M030, excellent value for money especially considering it includes the ARB's.

It gets really expensive with the other suspension options when you factor in the replacement of most of the other arms/bushes/top mounts that are usually also worn out plus geo & fitting costs if you don't do it yourself.

Ride height works for the road, I don't know how you folks aren't grinding your cars all the time with -30mm springs, it would never work for me if used as a main car.

Im at 118mm front/133mm rear (measured from the Porsche datum points), so far it's been absolutely fine over speed bumps, ramps etc.

That's X74 suspension height (toward the lower end of).

Hi,

Don't suppose you could do me a huge favour when you've next got a spare 5.....could you tell me the measurents from Tyre to arch and also front splitter clearance? I cleared my garage out earlier as I wanted to get the car tucked up for the next few months of shite weather and I had minimal clearance on the front driving it in on std suspension....I would like to go M030 but can't drop it too much.

i will most likely have my used m030 shocks and springs available for sale very soon as im going to upgrade to gt3 stuff and have items lined up.

anyone interested, drop me a pm

cheers

nickson said:
i will most likely have my used m030 shocks and springs available for sale very soon as im going to upgrade to gt3 stuff and have items lined up.

anyone interested, drop me a pm

cheers

How old is it and how many miles has it covered?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back