Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carwow - anyone used them

stewhp

Hi all,

My current PCP is coming to an end in a couple of months so I am having a look around for a new deal.

I've had a few quotes from Carwow for various models and been in touch with them about how the deal works etc.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of actually completing a deal with carwow and if they are true to their word on price etc.

I was in my local BMW dealer today and even with 0% interest on a new 4 series Gran coupe they are still working out about £90 a month more expensive than Carwow.

Any advice on your own experiences much appreciated.

Cheers
Stu.

I used them recently when I was looking for a new BMW. I eventually found a better deal on a pre reg car than they could find me but I think they are essentailly a portal for dealers to bid for your business so you will be dealing direct with the dealer who has offered you a price.

You could tell your local dealer what you are offered through carwow and ask them to try and compete

Used on last three occasions of buying new cars, just takes all the hassle out of the deal, you don't reallly need them mind, just quote the carwow best price to any dealer and they will match it anyway, as inevitably it's the dealers "best" price.
However these prices vary between same brand dealers significantly my last vdub was 14% cheaper at one dealer, compared to 11% at all the others, (that was on the latest model just out). So it's a good way to get the best available deal.
You just end up talking to the dealer direct anyway, and I'd rather do that by e mail to cut all the salesmans boll*cks out.

Windy101 said:
I used them recently when I was looking for a new BMW. I eventually found a better deal on a pre reg car than they could find me but I think they are essentailly a portal for dealers to bid for your business so you will be dealing direct with the dealer who has offered you a price.

You could tell your local dealer what you are offered through carwow and ask them to try and compete

^^^ This worked for me.

We were at £270 per month on an Abarth Trofeo for my wife, at the local dealership. .
I ran it through Car Wow whilst sitting in the showroom and it came back £235.
The salesman said "No way! You never actually get the deal they offer", so I rang the the contact, who confirmed the £235.

My dealer went to see his boss (that old chestnut) then said "Ok we can do £235 if you sign today".

The guy I spoke to through Car Wow was mega helpful though and I'd contact him next time if we wanted another Abarth. I did feel bad for wasting his time mind, just to chip my dealer down, but like I say he may get some business from us in future.

My friend bought a brand new A6 Allroad and the dealers offer great perks to help with the deal. Free train tickets to collect or hotel for the night before.

So I think Car Wow offers a great service. :thumb:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like Carwow are as good as they make out which is really encouraging.

Think this is the way to go and as has been said the Carwow offer can be used as a bargaining tool.

Thanks a lot for the info just need to decide whether to keep my 335d which has been a fab car and only has 31k on the clock or go for something new.

Bought 3 cars through Carwow. Had no hastles.
I have heard of other firms like drivethedeal, nationwide etc. Which seems competitive according to some

Carwow

Our next door neighbour has just acquired a B class Mercedes, he priced the car from the local Newcastle dealership @ £28,900. He went on the Car Wow site and found the exact same car, (spec matching) at three MB dealers around the UK priced @ £23,300, returning to the original dealer with a print-out, they matched that price immediately.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back