Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A Happy Ending..... Now A New Beginning

Swampy

Hi Guys weekend here again, so I thought that I would spend a few minutes on here to update you with a post that I made a few months back. I started a thread on here regarding OPC warranties and the few little issues that I had come up with the car that I purchased from OPC Chiswick.
These were as follows, passenger mirror not dipping when reverse selected, condensation in the rear light cluster, clicking from N/S front when full lock to the right and some very annoying sounds from behind the dash/front of the car, these being like a dry bush squeak and a rattle.
The car was picked up from my home address on Friday the 28h July and was expected back on the following Monday,. on Tuesday I received a phone call to say that they have replaced the cluster and had sorted out the other issues, but some of these were not covered under the warranty as they were down to 'ware & tear' these being the noises from the front of the car. After narrowing it down to what was not covered I explained to them that these noises were present from day one, I had pointed them out to them and that they were fully aware, he replied that he would talk to his manager and to leave it with them.
The car was returned a few days later on the 1st of September with an invoice for some £1900 worth of parts, this was just parts no VAT or labour and all covered under the warranty, happy days come to mind. Parts replaced were a wishbone a few stabiliser bars, condenser and various other nuts & bolts etc.
Now what come to mind was, why did none of this come up in the 111 point check and why the condenser ? I though just leave it, the car has been done now so get on with enjoying it.
So I take the car out for a nice run and guess what, the noises are still present, I notify them straight away and booked in to return, this time I asked for a technician to come out with me so that I can point out the issues. This was arranged for the 25th August and after checking in the technician joined me and straight away agreed that the noises needed addressing. So I left the car with them and await the call to say that its all done.
A week and a half past and no phone call so I decide to call myself for an update, and was told that they had replaced various suspension parts but were baffled by the rattle and that they are still investigating. They did eventually track it down to a loose window wiper assembly and unfortunately these were not in stock so were waiting for delivery from Germany,. I finally get the car back on the 13th September, some 2½ weeks after I dropped it off to them, in total it was with them for 3½ weeks. No paperwork left for me and nothing to pay.
I have had the car back now for 3 weeks and have done a few hundred miles in it and I can now say all is perfect, front suspension is squeak free and so it should be, I contacted them to let them know all is well and to say thank you for it all being done with no charge, I also asked what had been done to the car and they sent me invoices for parts and they have basically replaced both shocks and the top mounts, stabilizers bars and many other parts. The condenser was replaced due to a leak on it apparently but what I couldn't find was any mention of the window wiper assembly ? The total for parts alone was around £2400.
Overall I am more than happy with what has been done and the only thing that I feel that they could improve on is communication, it would had been nice for them to update me rather than me phoning them.
Now I hope to have a 'New Beginning' with my car.

Swamps :)

Happy days, now you can enjoy the car more knowing that the front end is sorted along with other bits and pieces!!!

J

Good final outcome swamps , now get out there and enjoys the car. :grin: :thumb:

This just highlights the lack of diagnostic skills present in the motor trade today. Willy nilly parts changing until the problem goes away.

Swampy said:
Hi Guys weekend here again...

Got any 'videos' of how your week went :floor: :floor: :floor:

Mine has been Simply Loveleh... :hand:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Swampy said:
Hi Guys weekend here again...

Got any 'videos' of how your week went :floor: :floor: :floor:

Mine has been Simply Loveleh... :hand:

:thumb:

No sorry I didn't record any, saying that my dash cam did catch me at the filling station, I made sure that I had 'Plenty in the tank' as they say...
Had a bit of a 'Blinding' time out on Sunday :)
Simply Simply Loveleh,

Be Seeing You

Swamps :) :thumb:

-- 997 -- said:
Happy days, now you can enjoy the car more knowing that the front end is sorted along with other bits and pieces!!!

J

Thanks J & 997, thanks for your replies, I have just got back for a little run before the pleasure of work at 1 today :(
Going to pop out and give it a bath in a mo as its a tad on the dirty side.
Its nice to have it back being rattle & squeak free :)

toffeeman said:
This just highlights the lack of diagnostic skills present in the motor trade today. Willy nilly parts changing until the problem goes away.

I agree but TBH it wasn't very distinctive where the noises were coming from, also they only started when the car was warmed up, say after 25mins or so. It must of been a real pain trying to track it down and as I mentioned before I am more than happy with Porsche West London, couldn't fault them (apart from the lack of calls).
This was one of the reasons why I bought from a OPC, I knew that I would be paying more for the car but for my first 911 and reading on here some nightmares some members have unfortunately had I just didn't want any sleepless nights.

Swampy said:
Here is my 911 SC4, also my other car a 'Reliant' :)
https://flic.kr/p/XC64Pk

Talk about chalk and cheese :eek:

Those Kwaks are 8)

You must have a serious piece of camera equipment as those pics weren't taken with you iPhone :grin:

There is a bike thread somewhere, add some pics to that :thumbs:

HSC911 said:
Swampy said:
Here is my 911 SC4, also my other car a 'Reliant' :)
https://flic.kr/p/XC64Pk

Talk about chalk and cheese :eek:

Those Kwaks are 8)

You must have a serious piece of camera equipment as those pics weren't taken with you iPhone :grin:

There is a bike thread somewhere, add some pics to that :thumbs:

Thanks,
The Reliant was my late fathers, I use it as well as the Porsche, tbh it gets more looks than the 911, not that I'm bothered by it.
The Zephyr 1100 (green one) is mine, owned it for around 7 years now and bought it with 3300 miles on it, I think its up to 7k now, just a toy for the summer months :)
I am a member of a few Facebook and various other groups and many of the pics are posted on there, most pics were taken with an old Canon 50d camera.

Swampy said:
The Reliant was my late fathers, I use it as well as the Porsche, tbh it gets more looks than the 911, not that I'm bothered by it.

Great back story, I inherited a Ford Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 from my brother which also gets more looks/comments than the Porker too :grin:

Could have been a Ford Ka for all I care as I feel great when I drive it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back