Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vram conversion

Endoman

Albert Park
Is it a viable and desirable conversion for a '94 non VR? Been done in the States a few times. I'm a bit bored looking for a new project for winter.

Yes certainly possible, as you say I know of guys in the states that have done it with good reported results...

Would be pretty costly and of course would require a new ECU etc....

OR, you could buy the Vario engine with ECU (currently on the For Sale board) and everything and swap yours out completely :).

Nice little project for those winter evenings.

Or if you're really bored get up the M61 and give me a hand with mine

Trev

:thumb:

Endoman said:
Is it a viable and desirable conversion for a '94 non VR? Been done in the States a few times. I'm a bit bored looking for a new project for winter.

....... why would one want to do that? ...... the non vario engine is exceedingly good in so many ways ........ :dont know:

madalaa said:
Endoman said:

....... why would one want to do that? ...... the non vario engine is exceedingly good in so many ways ........ :dont know:

Because the man has an RS rep and all RS's had the Vario system, he's also a big lover of torque and he's bored :D

Trev

madalaa said:
Endoman said:

Ditto. I've owned both and much prefer the pre-vario lump.

Endoman, have you driven and compared the VR lump to the pre VR?

C.

No I've never driven one and just had a chat with Kath Burrows who said don't bother; more to go wrong, more difficult to get at the top plugs and you hardly drive at part throttle anyway do you. Having said that Trev is right is would be nice to have a VR in my replica. I may just rebuild a VR engine to X51 spec but it would take more than 1 winter and the 944 would have to go so I'd be back on my bike.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back