Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Be very careful of Mansori Cars

Bund

I'm looking for an RS4 so on this RS forum and this poor chap is having nightmares with Mansori cars. They sold his car on SOR yet first thing he heard about it was from DVLA and they're still yet to pay him!

https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=126361

I've no knowledge of British law on a matter like this, but given that he hasn't been paid, he is there for the rightful owner of the car. Shouldn't he be able to just go and collect the car? The onus now being on the "new" owner that they're the rightful owner?

FZP said:
I've no knowledge of British law on a matter like this, but given that he hasn't been paid, he is there for the rightful owner of the car. Shouldn't he be able to just go and collect the car? The onus now being on the "new" owner that they're the rightful owner?

I'm afraid its not theft but a civil action for debt/ non payment.

by giving a dealer your car on sale or return, your giving him legal title to the car.
if he doesn't pay you its not theft, so you can't go and take it from the new owner.
You can only sue the dealer for non payment, so if he doesn't / can't / won't pay you, in short your stuffed

mark pearce said:
FZP said:

by giving a dealer your car on sale or return, your giving him legal title to the car.
if he doesn't pay you its not theft, so you can't go and take it from the new owner.
You can only sue the dealer for non payment, so if he doesn't / can't / won't pay you, in short your stuffed
Hence my lack of knowledge statement. I understood SOR to be a sale of agreement between the owner and the purchaser with a pre agreed commission paid to the dealer for the facilitating of the deal as he is acting as an agent for the vehicle sale, much in the same manner as an estate agent would in a property sale.
The person on the other forum was somewhat foolish to hand over all and sundry leaving himself exposed. I feel sorry for him though.
I wish him best of luck in getting his money back.

Just looked on their website and they have nice premises and a vast stocklist of exotica.

Surely they cant just "roll over" on this, the business must have assets and therefore would be worth pursuing.

if the photos are of their premises?
do the cars/ stock exist?
take a look at companies house and the co's less than 12 months old

remember that Estate Agents are also running brokerage type business,
But You don't pay an estate agent for your house, the money goes via a solicitor X2 who pays the vendor and then pays the estate agent his commission.

A sale or return car dealer, the buyer doesn't know the cars on sale or return.
the money goes to the car dealer not direct to the owner.

there was a garage in cardiff on rougue traders a while back for doing exactly the same thing!

mark pearce said:
if the photos are of their premises?
do the cars/ stock exist?
take a look at companies house and the co's less than 12 months old

remember that Estate Agents are also running brokerage type business,
But You don't pay an estate agent for your house, the money goes via a solicitor X2 who pays the vendor and then pays the estate agent his commission.

A sale or return car dealer, the buyer doesn't know the cars on sale or return.
the money goes to the car dealer not direct to the owner.

Very good info...

Thanks for posting, I will not be selling mine via SOR!!!

Dealers selling your car

A case in question happened a few years back with a well established Cheshire based Classic Mercedes dealer, who sold cars belonging to Mercedes Club members, then declared himself bankrupt. Most of these cars went to the Rep. of Ireland and those club members got zero back, the dealer was never "prosecuted" but banned from being a director in the future.
Another case that I know of personally happened in 2010, a friend and owner of a nice 1950 Jaguar Mk 5 put his car back to the dealer he bought it from on a SOR basis. The dealer assured the sale would give the owner £25k, anything over and above was the dealers. Some four months later after various sales falling through the owner was at a show and low and behold his Jaguar was on display with its "new owner" He had took ownership some 4-5 weeks earlier.
First thing Monday morning my friend contacted the dealer who denied the car was sold, however they eventually admitted it and said because the new owner part exchanged a car, they could not pay the agreed £25k sale price until they sold his part-ex.
After legal threats they promised the cash would be in his bank account as soon as possible. Well it took a further 2 months to get full payment and this dealer is still operating today, same premises but under a different name.
He still gets emails from this dealer offering their brokerage services!

Checking them out on the Company House website shows they're brand new. Company incorporated 22nd August 2017. One Director which I won't name on a public forum. Obviously no accounts yet and the Director has no previous Directorship roles shown.

Looking at the address they're working from, it's a warehouse on an Industrial Estate which is commonplace for a new start-up company, however with no previous trading you would have to be on your guard.

Personally if you were looking for a SOR deal then you would obviously be better with a long established Dealer and be looking for sellers past experiences before parting with your P&J.

Another good indicator of a company is their website and wording. Take a look at their welcome page and it's fair to say that they struggle to write a decent sentence!

C.

cableguy said:
Checking them out on the Company House website shows they're brand new. Company incorporated 22nd August 2017. One Director which I won't name on a public forum. Obviously no accounts yet and the Director has no previous Directorship roles shown.
C.

To add to this:

MANSORI CARS GB LIMITED

Incorporation Date 04/04/2016

Director name: First second last

Director Appointment Date 31/05/2016

Registered Address:
AMS ACCOUNTANTS CORPORATE LTD
QUEENS COURT
MANCHESTER
M2 5HX

MANSORI PERFORMANCE CARS LIMITED

Incorporation Date 22/08/2017

Director name: As above, no middle name

Appointment Date 22/08/2017

Registered Address:
QUEENS COURT QUEEN STREET
MANCHESTER
M2 5HX

Usual story, same person, new Company... :bandit:

:thumb: [/u]

mark pearce said:
FZP said:

Exactly how that infamous Yellow 993 Turbo S ended up in the hands of a certain Rogue Trader in North London, just dont mention the letters H.W.M.

Re: Dealers selling your car

Allan E said:
A case in question happened a few years back with a well established Cheshire based Classic Mercedes dealer, who sold cars belonging to Mercedes Club members, then declared himself bankrupt. Most of these cars went to the Rep. of Ireland and those club members got zero back, the dealer was never "prosecuted" but banned from being a director in the future.
Another case that I know of personally happened in 2010, a friend and owner of a nice 1950 Jaguar Mk 5 put his car back to the dealer he bought it from on a SOR basis. The dealer assured the sale would give the owner £25k, anything over and above was the dealers. Some four months later after various sales falling through the owner was at a show and low and behold his Jaguar was on display with its "new owner" He had took ownership some 4-5 weeks earlier.
First thing Monday morning my friend contacted the dealer who denied the car was sold, however they eventually admitted it and said because the new owner part exchanged a car, they could not pay the agreed £25k sale price until they sold his part-ex.
After legal threats they promised the cash would be in his bank account as soon as possible. Well it took a further 2 months to get full payment and this dealer is still operating today, same premises but under a different name.
He still gets emails from this dealer offering their brokerage services!

Allan, nearly right but to avoid confusion it wasn't in Cheshire it was based near Lytham, Lancashire. Cheshire Classic Benz are not related to the company or the discredited owner.

You are better off having a verbal discussion with the garage and only handing them one key and a copy of the V5 and informing them that once they have a buyer you will bring the papers and pay them directly their commission and the buyer pays you direct but this wouldn't work unfortunately.

I want to try my Turbo on SOR with one of the two big Porsche names, very reputable guys but this situation now scares me off.

Bund said:
You are better off having a verbal discussion with the garage and only handing them one key and a copy of the V5 and informing them that once they have a buyer you will bring the papers and pay them directly their commission and the buyer pays you direct but this wouldn't work unfortunately.

I want to try my Turbo on SOR with one of the two big Porsche names, very reputable guys but this situation now scares me off.

It's not all negative out there. Have a read of the link below and the have a conversation with Tom.
A thoroughly reputable outfit viewed by many in the highest regard.

http://www.911virgin.com/content/saleorreturn/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back