Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to move on

mobile chicane

Well its been a fun five and a half years but a few recent close shaves with the boys in blue and some well hidden gestapo vans have tipped the balance.

I still (bizarley) have a clean licence but not for long if I continue to own a 911 so she's up for sale (advert posted in the for sale section).

I need a clean licence for work and having 3 cars and a van + two motorbikes between just me and wifey was a bit silly.

I may venture back into 911 ownership if a career change occurs (no more driving for work) but thats not on the cards anytime soon so rather than having the car sit and not be driven in favour of our slower vehicles (even the two motorbikes) its time to sell.

I was going to upgrade to a 997 a while ago but my local fun roads have become rife with batenberg taxation vehicles so its time to quit whilst I'm ahead (clean licence since 1999 iirc).

911UK said:
ad live http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=7920

that's a well priced 996 :thumb:

I kind of hope so, I had a look on ebay, autotrader and on here but finding a similar car (manual 996.2 C4) with a similar mileage and paint was a bit of a struggle.

I widened the chritera and found that £15k to £19K seemed to be the ball park for private and higher mileage 120k+ dealer cars so I thought £14k was a decent price whuch should give me a quick ish sale.

I asked a friend in the trade for a guide price but all he could give me was a generic one which did not take account of the spec of the car ( his was i believe based on a 996.1 auto 3.4 2wd with 125K miles) and was way lower than anything advertised private or trade.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back