Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Failure indicator light

Bhattman13

Hi all, First post from me. I recently became the owner of a C4S Cabriolet (2004). Love the car and am using it daily. Yesterday, I had the failure indicator light appear, only for 10-15 seconds and then disappeared. Any ideas ? Should I be worried? :?:

:welcome: to 911uk

I suspect that the message you got coincided with the oil pressure gauge briefly dropping to zero at the same time.

It is a fairly common issue on the 996 and iirc relates to the sender unit being dirty and/or faulty. If it does it intermittently I wouldn't worry about it and wait to get it fixed the next time it's in for something else.

Obviously if the light ever stays on or it happens regularly get it looked at asap.

There's lots of thread about it but this one will probably be of most use to you.

Click here => http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113693&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sender+unit

Great, thanks for the information. I am planning to get the car in to a local indie soon for a once-over so will get them to check it as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back