Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trimmers - Oxfordshire or close?

Stimpy

Hey up,

Other than Dave @ Southbound is there anyone folk can recommend for trimming? (Would use Dave but every time i've spoken to him over the past few years he has a year waiting list - should have put my name down!)..

Looking to get my front Sport seats re done and a few other bits... Preferentially near to me - OX5 - Oxfordshire.

Thanks

I would stick with Dave, have seen work done by other trimmers such as the one near Autofarm and was not impressed. There is a guy in Cardiff who seems to be good too but haven't seen his work up close.

Mondrian said:
I would stick with Dave, have seen work done by other trimmers such as the one near Autofarm and was not impressed. There is a guy in Cardiff who seems to be good too but haven't seen his work up close.

Haha.. The one near Autofarm is right on my doorstep, but shall we say may be more suited to pre 50s stuff :D

Just for the record i have now commissioned Linas from DesignLS. The work i've seen of his is beyond OEM. Looks like a lot of the newer model Porsche boys are using him.

I'll report back......

There are actually two trimmers nr Autofarm, neither are that good with pre or post 50's.

Mondrian said:
There are actually two trimmers nr Autofarm, neither are that good with pre or post 50's.

Bean bags? :floor:

Before any one says anything.... Yes i need to learn/ find the patience how to do pics!!..

Finally got my seats , centre console and wheel finished with Linas at LS Designs recently - based Surrey way.

All in all i have to give him a big thumbs up and immeasurably better than many i've seen. Couple of little details he corrected immediately - forgot to put an embossed crest back on the wheel but he got onto it straight away.

Anyone looking to get any major trimming work done and interested then please pm me for pics etc...

Just need to sort a few details out internally and go over all the door cards / vinyl etc with some love and that'll do me in there :thumbs:

He's very good that Linus, looking forward to the pics :thumb:

Would love to see how he got on with side bolsters, specially if sport seats - that's where most falter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back