Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Chargers - KKK Borg Warner - any good?

P911X50

Nurburgring
Hi

I have a 996 X50 which I'm told have the GT2 turbos. My current turbos are looking very rusty and I have come across a set of KKK Warn Borg Warner turbos which look pretty good value.

I am not looking to modify my 996tt and keep it in original condition.

I wondered whether anyone had experience of using these, if they are any good and whether I should buy OEM turbos to keep value up.

Any advice appreciated.

The exhaust housings are cast ferrous items, unless you get them ceramic coated then they'll always develop a rusty finish.

As long as they're working well I'd leave them.

Borg-Warner supply the standard turbos to Porsche, Audi, etc..

Thanks,

Thinking of buying s set of these for £1,100.

What do you think? too good to be true?

£1100 for 2 brand new turbos? Bargain.

Almost too cheap :?:

Edit: Seller is based in China, if these are genuine items I'd be very surprised. As said above, you'd struggle to get your original units overhauled for that price in the UK.
Bought an AP organic clutch for the Cossie recently from a big UK seller on Ebay, good price. When it arrived it wasn't genuine, non of the part numbers matched manufacturers spec, no packaging. The seller had 1000's of + feedback, but an awful lot of negatives in there too. Returned for a full refund fortunately. Buyer beware!

If you are not looking to upgrade and everything is working I'd be inclined to say leave them as they are.

They have arrived. The part numbers are 5324-988-7005 and 5324-988-7006. They are KK Borg Warner turbochargers.

Looked at turbo dynamics site and they said "5324-988-7005 also turbos directly replace 5316-988-6726 as a performace upgrade (must be upgraded as a pair with 5324-988-7006) for Porsche 911 turbos (left side), engine code M96/70, year 2000->, OEM number 99612301374 / 99612301375"

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/shop/53249887005-new-genuine-turbocharger-lh-side-911-gt2-p-2140.html

What do you think?

911tom said:
If you are not looking to upgrade and everything is working I'd be inclined to say leave them as they are.

Agreed. The labour time/charge to get the units off your car can exceed 8 hours. Consequently it would be easier to drop the engine for full inspection and take them off then , it'll probably tae the same amount of time to achieve both.

If they perform, leave them.

As a suggestion I would highly recommend boost leaking the car. These car have a huge tendency to leak like a sieve. Ive got the the equipment if you are ever local.

You know my number matey :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back