Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any Dynavin N6 experts here?

Stuart Mackay

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys, am experiencing a self inflicted problem with the Satnav software on the Dynavin.

I removed the Nav micro SD card to check what was on there.
Replaced it in the correct slot and now the Unit Nav path wont pick up the the software on the SD card, it sees the card when you plug it in, but I acnt edit the path in the software, any ideas?

Thanks

I nearly bought a dynavin but after extensive research on quality and problems that people have been experiencing that put me right off, after sales is really bad!!! I reckon TRY disconnecting the fuse until no power, put SD Card in then power up, failing that then you probably have a corrupted SD Card so the files isn't gonna load, check their website if you can download files for the NAV but you may need the serial number of the stereo to prove that it's legit etc...

Definately sounds like the path to the sat nav executable has been screwed up.

Have a look on the BAVSOUND forum on e46fanatics.com site, its got loads of Dynavin N6 users/info and also has a US distributor that tends to answer most questions on it.

Thanks for your help guys, tried restoring the map data using IGOs Naviextras software, but looks like the supplied SD card with IGO maps has got itself corrupted. It was showing full (7.2 GB) and the restore wasnt completing. Chatting with IGO they confirmed my SD was faulty.

Spoke to UK distributors in Stockport and they are sending a replacement IGO SD card, which I paid for as unit is well beyond its 12 month warranty period.

So (contrary to what was written above!) at the moment am very pleased with aftersales support from Dynavin UK :thumbs:

Will post of any more issues are found

That's good news that the after sales are helping out !! Nice one. If I were you before you put the SD card in the stereo. Put into a computer and copy all the files as backup so if it corrupts again you then can copy file back onto SD card and carry on.... 😁

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back