Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic gear selector.

silvermilnec

Guys I've got the itch to do a few more mods in the turbo.

I blame ade!! I looked on the db carbon website and they do a lovely selector! I've never liked my selector!

Anyone changed there's? Any pictures of non standard?

Also I'm not s massive fan of loads of carbon but does small amounts work?

Any pics of your interior :thumb:

Damn you ade!

On a similar vein I've always wondered if the PDK shifter can be adapted for the tip? :chin:

I suspect not but the PDK is just a better looking mechanism to my eyes :dont know:

Had Linus cover the tip surround in leather with the silver French stitching at the same time as getting the centre console painted in body colour pictures on the wicked coatings thread just lifts the interior

vlad said:
Had Linus cover the tip surround in leather with the silver French stitching at the same time as getting the centre console painted in body colour pictures on the wicked coatings thread just lifts the interior
Linus as done a few things for me including the tip surround I can't believe I didn't get my knob done at the same time :floor:

vlad said:
I've trawel through all 30 odd pages can't see it, could you pop it up again cheers

Glad Ade, is now getting the blame for making guys spend their hard earned makes a change its usually me :floor: :thumb:

sorry think must have been at cross purposes - I wouldn't let Linus near my knob it was just the tip. surround (but he's already done that for you)

Attachments

• tip_surround_207.jpg
    tip_surround_207.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 5,474
never seen what Linus would do with a tip knob, an interesting thought would it look bloody amazing or just stock. :?:

Phil 997 said:
never seen what Linus would do with a tip knob, an interesting thought would it look bloody amazing or just stock. :?:

We could ask :eek:

Thanks for the links phill!

New997buyer said:
On a similar vein I've always wondered if the PDK shifter can be adapted for the tip? :chin:

I suspect not but the PDK is just a better looking mechanism to my eyes :dont know:
Agree with that, the tip selector looks dated.
I've been looking into this, I bought a PDK selector, a PDK surround & a spare tip selector, to do that exact mod.
While I haven't sat down and dedicated some time to actually doing this, there are a couple of things that I saw straight off the bat.
First, the throw on the PDK selector is less than that of the tip, so the PDK surround may not work.
Second the PDK selector is held in place in a completely different way to the tip, I've got a 3D printer and may be able to knock something up to make it fit, but with kids, life etc I haven't found the time to see what I could do!

nikos525 said:
New997buyer said:

I've been looking into this, I bought a PDK selector, a PDK surround & a spare tip selector, to do that exact mod.
While I haven't sat down and dedicated some time to actually doing this, there are a couple of things that I saw straight off the bat.
First, the throw on the PDK selector is less than that of the tip, so the PDK surround may not work.
Second the PDK selector is held in place in a completely different way to the tip, I've got a 3D printer and may be able to knock something up to make it fit, but with kids, life etc I haven't found the time to see what I could do!
I think you need to get your priorities sorted😂😎 the kids come second to the Porsche in our house :floor:

silvermilnec said:
nikos525 said:
New997buyer said:

I think you need to get your priorities sorted😂😎 the kids come second to the Porsche in our house :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

nikos525 said:
silvermilnec said:
nikos525 said:
New997buyer said:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

:floor: brilliant (both posts) :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back