Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to do next on C4S Cab?

AlanPM

Silverstone
Hi chaps, so I got the car November at auction for sub 16k. Turns out it has just two owners from new, was basically sound with 90K on the clock and sound history but few invoices. All in all quite pleased.

Since then I have done the following
Engine and gearbox oil change.
Plugs and coil packs
Some suspension bits and bushes
Both Aircon condensors replaced
New soft top and parcel shelf cover
Paintless dents done
Front end respray curtesy of being reversed into so this lady and her family could visit the mosque!,, (long story)

The question is, what light enhancements should come next for performance sake, I suppose K and M cold intake would be an example, what else?

LTT. No brainer on a 3.6

Hi Alex
Thanks, you are going to have to be a bit more basic with me I am afraid LTT?

A low temp thermostat. Reduces the risk of bore scoring and thus prolongs the life of your engine.

If you want a bit of fun, you might want to try one of the £30 SSKs- short shift kits, off eBay. Totally changes your driving experience.

:thumbs:
Thanks Alex, just what I needed to know. Can you suggest a supplier for the LTT or short shift kit?

I think Hartech may still do the LTT. As for the ssk, just search for o96 short shifter on eBay.

think your on the ball gents mine would be

induction kit with BMC filter ,sound and a bit of bhp.
SSK, increase the big grin factor.
LTT, on the recommended borescore preventative list.
Change the oil to millers nano 10w50, on the recommended borescore preventative list.
gummi pflege ,to stop the door glass freezing to the rubber seal on cold days.
ACF50 to spray on the underside covering all parts except brakes this is a 2017 option to waxoyle it will help waterproof and protect the underside but not as messy as wax oyle.
change interior lights to led white bulbs.

after that the list starts to be expensive bits lol.

:thumb:

Phil,I am looking for a rust preventative for my 914 but surely ACF50 is just a glorified WD40?
My car looks to of been treated with a Ziebart or similar and I'm looking for a similar underbody coating..any ideas?

Trex.......or lard if on a budget.

kas750 said:
Phil,I am looking for a rust preventative for my 914 but surely ACF50 is just a glorified WD40?
My car looks to of been treated with a Ziebart or similar and I'm looking for a similar underbody coating..any ideas?

I think ACF50 is a similar concept to Ziebart my thought were it is very highly regarded by the bikers and if they think its good that's good enough for me. and most of us want an easy to apply product which wax oyle is not . and anything is better than nothing lol. So it gets my vote and the few times its been discussed on here I find the porsche guys who are also bikers most of them use it on both car and bike.

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/automotive.htm

Phil 997 said:
kas750 said:

I think ACF50 is a similar concept to Ziebart my thought were it is very highly regarded by the bikers and if they think its good that's good enough for me. and most of us want an easy to apply product which wax oyle is not . and anything is better than nothing lol. So it gets my vote and the few times its been discussed on here I find the porsche guys who are also bikers most of them use it on both car and bike.

Fair comment Phil but i'm looking for a "fit and forget" solution and I think ACF50 could only only work if constantly reapplied?

Perfect :thumb:

kas750 said:
Phil 997 said:
kas750 said:

Fair comment Phil but i'm looking for a "fit and forget" solution and I think ACF50 could only only work if constantly reapplied?

Maybe messy old waxoyle is actually in your case just whats needed. I do know some guys absolutely swear by it even though its messy if you ever need to get to and parts after application . :thumb: :thumb:

replace the engine mounts if they are more than 5 yrs old. Halves the cabin (road) noise and many other magical but minor improvements to gear change and handling

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back