Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water leaking from headlamp washer

ualla

Silverstone
Hi all,

I have another small issue with my 996.1. It seems as though my windscreen/headlamp washer liquid is leaking out of my driver side headlamp washer.

The washers seem to work and I'm not entirely sure how the system works, but I would imagine there being a valve to stop the water continuing to flow through the system that isn't working.

Anybody know where this valve may be? my 996.1 has the black plastic oval shaped washer, not the silver disc shaped washer.

Thanks!

Demort said:
Its the actual headlamp washer thats faulty .. valve is inside of it .. new one required im afraid .

Confirmed my worst fears... sigh. Thanks Demort! I might try plugging it in the meantime so I can get the dash light to stay off :)

Thanks!

Its an item thats rarely used but we check them on a service .. have to work for an mot .. the amount of times ive then had them leak is kinda embaressing .. basically if i hadnt of tested them they would be ok :oops:

They do tend to drain out the entire bottle so you get the washer fluid low message which is what i assume you are talking about .

The pipe is pretty hard if you intend to clamp it and often a bit of a bitch to get off the washer jet ( heat helps ) but if you can then shove a bolt in the pipe with a clamp to seal it for now but it will be needed to work come mot time .

996 and you can remove the jet with just the headlamp removed.

Thanks demort, appreciate your info! What I didn't know was the fact that they need to work for the MOT pass, good thing I just got my MOT done last month :)

You're correct, I was referring to the fact that my entire bottle has been emptied because of the leak... grrrr.

As a quick fix, what I've done is I've used Sugru, here is the result below:

IMG_0950_zps9t2jxk5c.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back