Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swapping seats in a 996

jpsand993c2s

Seen a 1998 car and its perfect OTHER than the fact it has the ruffled leather seats which are not my preference. Am wondering about how easy it is to swap them for a different pair? Is it as simple as removing them and reconnecting and screwing in the new ones on the runners?

Could always sell the car with the original seats if someone is a member of the socks n' sandals brigade in the future?

Any advice appreciated.

JP

jpsand993c2s said:
Is it as simple as removing them and reconnecting and screwing in the new ones on the runners?

Pretty much, yes.

Set of black sport seats on ebay for £395 at the moment too :thumbs:

:thumb:

thanks mate.
Could someone with VERY modest DIY skills do it (me)?
JP

I swapped my sport seats for buckets myself...and I ain't no mechanic :sad:

Piece of pish

:thumb:

Have you actually tried the sports seats ? I - and quite a few other people - don't find them very comfortable. I've put buckets in now.

I have had them in every 911 I've had and they fit me nicely - I know some don't like them though, so point taken.

Its a very easy job, 4 bolts and a few electrical connectors.

You will however need a female torx socket for the 4 fixing bolts.

Try You tube you will probably find a video

Sounds within my skill set - just.
Thank you

crash7 said:
Its a very easy job, 4 bolts and a few electrical connectors.

You will however need a female torx socket for the 4 fixing bolts.

Try You tube you will probably find a video

Would you know what size? My Feuerlà¶scher arrived this morning so I'll need to pull the passenger seat to fit it.

If you are changing the seats then look at 997 ones I put them in my 996 and loads better. You just don't connect the side airbags.

When removeing seats from a car then undo the rear bolts first then the front ones .. this will leave the runner central to the seat and not sticking out the back ..

Put a towel over the door shut , mainly at the back end , another on the door so it covers the panel and a third over the dash so that it covers the glove box .

This way you stand a good chance of not scratching anything when removeing it .. trust me .. its easy to do .

When installing then put a towel over the center consol to protect that .

997 and 996 have different wiring plugs so not a straight fit , you could make up a new connector but obviously you cant use the airbag .

Unless im missing something here about the connection as its not something ive ever done .. most of you lot just want a service or something fixed and whilst id love to do things like this you lot always do them yourselves !!

Selfish i call it :p

mutter ... whinge ... moan .. mean people .. grumble .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back