Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 2S information required please - interior details

993S_Ocean

Gurus, your help needed.... Does anyone know the definitive details of what the stock handbrake and gear lever should look like / would have been like when they left the factory on a manual 1997 Carrera 2S?

I seem to remember ChrisW telling me that the c2s (and possibly c4s?) having a different finish on the gear knob and hand brake lever - specific only to the wide body cars. (like a satin aluminium finish or something??)

Can anyone shed any light and photos and details on what exactly the factory spec should be?

Thanks in advance folks.

Satin/aluminium finish was techequipment accessories
Standard was leather only IIRC

According to the original sales book the aluminium finish gear lever and handbrake were standard on the "S". Pic attached.

They must have been Tequipment options X97 and X98 respectively on non-Carrera S models.

p.s. I would love to buy the Tequipment gear lever if anyone has one to sell. (I know, I've got more chance of Kelly Brooke knocking on my door tonight!!)

Edited for accuracy to correct my earlier incorrect reply.

Attachments

• fullsizerender2000_1_994.jpg
    fullsizerender2000_1_994.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,000
Unlike the Tequipment gear knob and hand brake, which are real metal, I believe the S had painted plastic to look like aluminium with a gun metal tint.

Madge - The tequipment gear knob is still available though your OPC. Cost is offensive.

So the lovely aluminium looking lever and knob... weren't standard equipment but an optional extra in the form of "Tequipment"?

Mine is plastic and looks like it has been painted (not very well to be honest) in a gun metal grey. Just wondering if this is the stock spec (albeit poorly refurb'd by stevie wonder at some stage in it's life by a previous owner) that it left the factory with.

Carrera S has unique handbrake and gearknob which rather than alloy as the Tequipment ones, are just steel grey painted plastic. Despite being a similar style to the Tequipment items, they are smaller dimensionally and don't feel as substantial in the hand.

They're actually a bit rubbish to be honest. I much prefer the standard leather items or Tequipment for the upgraded look.

Or the carbon one with matching handbrake. good luck finding that in RHD form though :bandit:

mohitos said:
Unlike the Tequipment gear knob and hand brake, which are real metal, I believe the S had painted plastic to look like aluminium with a gun metal tint.

Madge - The tequipment gear knob is still available though your OPC. Cost is offensive.

Well I never, that book had me fooled into thinking they were Tequipment items as standard, although under closer scrutiny I can now see the difference.

That just might have saved me from a costly future eBay purchase of a plastic look-a-like. I shall make enquiries with OPC and prepare to be offended (mind you, that won't be a new experience :lol:).

mohitos said:

No longer available from OPC. :sad:

I'm actually toying with the idea of putting my gear knob and handbrake back to standard, in which case the tequipment items currently installed will be up for grabs :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back