Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic (40 years old) vehicle MOT exemption

arry

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/roadworthiness-testing-for-vehicles-of-historic-interest

Interesting. Not sure what the thinking is behind it other than to fix the issue of the current fixed date to a rolling age related date method instead. Either way, it seems they've just pushed on and got it done, despite some pretty strong counter arguments.

Particularly like the fact they're not going to legislate what a substantial change is, and just issue guidance. Can see that going well.

Arry. . Thanks, I'd not seen this... very interesting my C4s has only got 24 years to go and counting :lol:
When do they become tax exempt :?: It's going to save me a small fortune :thumb:

The no mot thing is ok for pampered cars but just like in all walks of life there are some tight old buggers running classics. My dad had to deal with plenty as he restored classics for a lot of his working life.

My dads cars are mint show cars (that also get driven though) so no question of failing an mot. Some classics out there though are not quite as well maintained shall we say.

The rolling tax exemption stopped. Only pre 1977 vehicles now qualify. It used to be any vehicle over 25 years old.
Pity really as I'm only 6 years off that with my 996. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back