Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Prawn juice has leaked into seat foam-Help

FZP

Right
I'll be honest and say that it's not 100% sure that it is prawn head juice that is the cause, but some liquid has spilt down the rear seats of the daily and it stinks like prawn head juice gone off in the sun for a week!
Does anyone know how to get the smell out of the foam, or am I up for a new/second hand seat?
I've cleaned all the metal work, and the seat has been out for a few days drying out and it still stinks
TIA
FZP

Juice in the back seats that smells like prawns? C'mon. :D

Can you remove the cover from the foam? If so wash foam in soapy water.
If not, risk soaking the lot but may shrink stuff.
Apart from that visit a detailer/valeter or look for second hand seat parts.

Good luck. :thumb:

You can strip the carcass from the seats if you un bolt them and get them out. You're not going to be any worse off. Once a liquid seeps between the skin and foam it's trapped. The only way to resolve is get it apart and get it dry cleaned to prevent material damage. If the foam has soaked it up and it's dried, well it's a trip to a local foam cutting company to shape new, like for like. Not a big job, just use the right tools. YouTube will have plenty of videos on 'how to' tutorials. That is if you're good with your hands and an eye for detail.

Sorry, just read 'rear seats'. Oh in that case nip down Tesco and hire a rugdoctor. Take the staples out the back. Use the hand vac suction end and give the carcass and foam a good clean. B&Q sell the staple guns and fabric aerosol spray glue. You'll soon have it all sorted in a day. That is if they're the 911 pull outs you mean? Or do you have a Panamera and alike?

There's no smell like Scampi Fries! This is one thread that is going to run for a while!!

It's a Audi, sorry forgot to mention. Looks like the foam can be separated from the leather easy enough, I'll try the soap and water trick if not it's off to ebay
Thanks for the tips.

take it to a valeter....simples

ragpicker said:
Let me guess... Did she accidentally puncture the headlining with her stiletto whilst putting the prawny takeaway on the back seat??

:?:

:thumb:

have you tried a air freshener bomb? they work for cigarette smells...worth a try maybe

ColinC said:
FZP said:
It's a Audi.......

Is it an Audi 'Fake' Taxi?
I had to Google that.. .although I have seen a number of cars with that sticker on their rear window. Usually boy racer types

I do apologise - hope your not on a public network!

ColinC said:
I do apologise - hope your not on a public network!
I was delivering content to a room of 30 odd delegates and didn't switch the projector off....
Kidding, but I've seen it happen though 😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back