Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door pocket lid stay broken

motivator

The spring stay for the drivers side door pocket lid has broken at the crease of a metal bracket that sits in the lid, anyone come across this and have an idea of fix or parts required?
Looks like the bracket is just seated/glued into the lid.

motivator said:
The spring stay for the drivers side door pocket lid has broken at the crease of a metal bracket that sits in the lid, anyone come across this and have an idea of fix or parts required?

I am on my 2nd in 163k miles....Can't remember part number but your friendly OPC can help...

Fulla,
Thanks for the response. So it not an unusual problem, much like the cracking of the door pocket bracket by the door handle!

I will speak to my OPC.

Thanks

There's a fix/preventative measure for this on RL Here

Hi motivator,

Which area do you mean? the inside of the storage box or the cover :dont know:

I've attached some pics for clarity.

ATB :)

Attachments

• door_storage_172.jpg
    door_storage_172.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3,579
  • door_top_177.jpg
    door_top_177.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 3,579
  • door_top_closeup_562.jpeg
    door_top_closeup_562.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 3,579
motivator said:

Did you get your problem sorted?

Zingari said:
There's a fix/preventative measure for this on RL Here

I've done this on mine. Works very well.

I have sorted it now, it was the problem with the top 2 photos, so I had to order a new lid, which I have now fitted.

I had the other problem previously and made up a replacement bracket myself.

Now I am onto the struggle with the glove box door dropping down on the handle side!

I have bought a new set of the lock catch, but I am not sure that is the problem.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back