Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Group 1 Car seat... the answer

JD27

I recently bought at 991.2 GTS coupe as have a 1 year old and 2 year old who I want to take out as often as I can because why own such a car when you can't share it and enjoy it.

Having searched through the internet and all porsche forums prior to trying it myself I thought I'd found the answer to the which is the best group 1 car seat (but I hadn't so here's my thoughts and conclusion). All seats mentioned have been in the back of the the car and I've bought some as well!

Maxi Cosi Tobi - seatbelt based not isofix, small base fits in the back but the top of the seat hits the c pillar so is at a slight angle and doesn't feel secure, rejected

Britax evolva 1-2-3 plus - just about fits but didnt feel secure base was too big, rejected

Britax Romer Duo Plus Isofix - fits but the base is a bit big and have to force it in so felt like I'm damaging the car and isofic is really quite fiddly, rejected

Porsche group 1 (without stand) - I bought this one thinking it would be the best. Easy to get in and out, it's isofix and fits really well. Massive downside is that it sticks really far forward as the seat is quite deep and also has this lip that sticks out at the front. I'm 6 2 so can't comfortably drive as my seat is too far forward. The seat can also recline which it good but further pushes the front seat even further forward. Even if it's behind the passenger seat my wife is uncomfortable, it's also quite expensive, rejected

Halfords own group 1 - fixed with a belt, fits really well into bucket, but seatbelt is fiddly to put on and has quite a bit of movement, rejected

Cybex juno 2 fix - different design to other seats as it has a big pad that goes across the front of them that you secure with a seatbelt. The whole thing is secured to the car by isofix. It fits really well into the bucket seat and is easily attached/removed using the isofix. It's quite slim so sits further back than all the other seats so the kids have loads of leg room and I don't have to adjust my normal driving position. I thought the kids might not like the pad on the front of it but easy to sell it to them...making the whole experience of riding in Daddy's fast car in their special seat that's like a drum they can bash, they love it and are happy as Larry in the back. When fitted it's at a slight recline as well so they fall asleep with their heads back so doesn't hurt their neck. The back of the bottom of the seat doesn't contact the back of the bucket as per the instructions, but I'm happy enough about how secure it is and is just as secure (if not more secure) than one of the 6 car seats I own in the different cars. I've taken them on hour and half journeys and everyone has been fine. Would be happy taking them on longer journeys as well. I got mine on some special deal at mothercare for £100 but i think they are usually 150, massive tick

Hope you find useful (also baby zen yoyo pram fits in the frunk)

Great review. Should sticky this!
I have a 5 year old and 18 month old and had fun finding a seat for the littlest one. Cant remember what it is, but I have posted it on here. Only issue I had was the isofix being a b@stard to remove, but I'm used to it now!

Photos attached

Attachments

• image1_165.jpg
    image1_165.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,177
  • image2_439.jpg
    image2_439.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,177
Great thread and wished I'd known about this a month ago, as brought the Porsche seat and although it's good and I like the way the release for the ISO fix is at the front, I am a little disappointed how far forward it sits.

Agree should be made a sticky

Attachments

• img_4306_723.jpg
    img_4306_723.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,015
  • img_3_102.jpg
    img_3_102.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 3,015

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members