Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Temp Gauge Fault??

C4-STORM

Hockenheim
Any ideas ??
My temp gauge warning light/sound came on and needle was stuck on zero both times after setting off today. Shortly after needle pops up to 80, back down to around 60 and stays. No problem with the journey which was around 140 miles each way. I was driving with a light foot for quite a while as I always will when starting from cold.
Thanks all :?

My 997 did this last year. It seemed entirely random at first but gradually got worse. It ended up that some days the temp gauge wouldnt move at all, other days it was fine.

My indy diagnosed a faulty temp sensor, which was something like a £12 part but fitting was a bit of a nightmare so labour costs bought the price up.

If the gauge is inoperative then is it likely to be a temp sensor?

A bit concerning not knowing if your engine cooling system is working :?:

Easy job to do, the sensor is on the engine at the rear and can be got to easily enough, you may need to remove the airbox to get to the plug though as it sits on the back of the engine below the A/C compressor. Obviously you would need to drain the coolant to the level of the sensor at least.

infrasilver said:
Easy job to do, the sensor is on the engine at the rear and can be got to easily enough, you may need to remove the airbox to get to the plug though as it sits on the back of the engine below the A/C compressor. Obviously you would need to drain the coolant to the level of the sensor at least.

Hey, thanks for the advice. Sounds straightforward enough.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back