Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window Control Module

Stuttgartflyer

Hi Guys,
I've just returned from a hefty service at Mid-Sussex OPC, have to say the service manager is a legend and saved me a small fortune!

Problem i'm having is that the drivers window will sometimes (50/50) go about halfway up then retract as if it senses resistance. The runners and channels have all been thoroughly cleaned and lubed but the OPC have confirmed it to be the module at fault.

My question is, they've quoted circa £700 for the part :eek: has anyone found a cheaper alternative to fix this problem?

This is a known fault with 997's...I believe it's the Window Regulator. My passenger side window sticks when going back up. Under warranty the OPC replaced both passenger and driver side windows with thinner glass which is apparently supposed to solve the problem and what Porsche prescribes as the solution...it didn't on my car and it needs to go back at some stage for it.

Thanks for the reply Cheib, so the control module is actually the whole motor assembly minus the wires and runners?
Also seems to be two different models/variants for the 997, one with a part number ending in 05 and one 06, they seem to be different colours (black & white) so I was wondering if the 06 is an updated version?
Maybe Demort could advise? :?:

Its a fault that goes way back to the first 987 / 997 .. window roll back and is normally fixed with replacing the control unit which is part of the window motor .

Thinner glass is a new one on me but ive been out of the network for 3 years now and things change .

Im no expert on parts im afraid as we have a parts guy for that but 06 seems to be the only one listed .. at least here it is and i use this site for reference ..

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=3089&MAK=3&MDL=27&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

OPC price is a little high , there are if you wish several indys that could do the job for less in and around Mid sussex .

Thank you very much Demort, the diagram makes life nice and easy.
I actually live up near Salisbury but happened to be working next door to mid-Sussex OPC hence using them for a service.

Aghh yes .. you must have been on the flight sims at CAE .. i was at Mid Sussex when they were installing new sims .. huge great things they lowered them in throught the roof !

I have a feeling 05 is Right and 06 is Left . :thumb:

All i can find out is i think ...

99762418106 is RHD RH
99762418206 is RHD LH

But im no parts guy .. and he wont help here as he hates forums lol .

Always best just to book it into a garage .. let them sort it out ;)

Interestingly this thread had me looking at things I dont normally read up on and I discovered that piwis or durametric pro can program windows to auto open or auto close on the key fob by holding it down when locking or unlocking. we learn something new every day, so I have booked the mobile tech to come and do this for me on Monday after discovering mine has not been set up to do this. makes you wonder what else isn't set up on these cars as standard. :?:

Exactly right Demort, my 6 monthly check up in a moving black box!

When i've got this sorted i'll put a final post up to clarify part numbers left/right in case anyone else has tis problem.

Phil 997 said:
Interestingly this thread had me looking at things I dont normally read up on and I discovered that piwis or durametric pro can program windows to auto open or auto close on the key fob by holding it down when locking or unlocking. we learn something new every day, so I have booked the mobile tech to come and do this for me on Monday after discovering mine has not been set up to do this. makes you wonder what else isn't set up on these cars as standard. :?:

Too right, Phil.

I used to have an E92 M3 and the amount of features/options that that sat there buried in the module code which are "not active" (nicht_aktiv) is unbelievable. I learned how to code and got the software/cable and switched a load of stuff on myself. One of the features was also the windows up/ down on the key fob which was switched off. I also coded the mirrors to fold on the alarm, real time mpg gauge, fuel alarm lowered from 1/4 to 1/8 tank and tons of other stuff. I also coded my Dension install. The list of stuff switched off is enormous.

It's a useful skill to have but my research thus far suggests that's much more expensive to get the kit to code a Porsche than a BMW.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back