Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early 996 number plate lamps

peterzoom

I am going to replace the number plate lights on my 2001 996, they are the black Hella items that are held in with 2 screws and have a little lip at the rearmost edge to deflect the light towards the plate, so earlier type.
I see there is an aftermarket led version which all seem to be in clear plastic rather than the standard black of the original Hella.
Has anyone fitted these to a dark vehicle, mine is Lapis blue, do they stick out like a sore thumb against the dark body colour?
The original looks like a VW or BMW part, sny thoughts on equivalent part numbers?
I researched a thread on part numbers for this very topic here, but the part numbers actually compare two completely different units :?:

I found myself in a bit of a pickle a couple of days before my MOT so got a pair of those clear plastic LED ones. it works and fits perfectly and can't say I've actually noticed the difference in colour. Not sure if it's because I've never noticed it or whether you can't actually see it...

My car is black BTW

Thanks for the reply, in the end I replaced them with new standard Porsche items.

peterzoom said:
Thanks for the reply, in the end I replaced them with new standard Porsche items.

Yeah, I got mine replaced with the original Porsche one today, was a good quick fix but I prefer the standard bulb light.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back