Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classics at Castle - pre meet / b road blast

askgeez

Anyone up for a cheeky convoy on way to Castle Hedingham ??
As it's my part of town , thought I would put it out there .
(I drive this route regularly as my mum lives in Rayne)

Think it's a 10am open. So maybe a 9am meet ?

These are my way points:-

M11 / A414 roundabout (convenient if youre getting off Jct 27 M25)
McDonalds car park. London Rd, Hastingwood, Harlow, CM17 9LH

Smith's restaurant
Fyfield Rd, Chipping Ongar, Ongar, CM5 0AL

Black Bull pub
Dunmow Rd, Fyfield, Ongar, CM5 0NN

Axe & Compasses
Dunmow Rd, Aythorpe Roding, Dunmow, CM6 1PP

47 The Street restaurant
Rayne, Braintree, CM77 6RU

(possibly another back route here depending on timing)

Hedingham Castle
Bayley St, Castle Hedingham, Halstead, CO9 3DJ

See you at McDonalds, just off J7 of the M11.

I'll aim to be there for 08.45 :thumb:

Excellent. I put all that into TomTom, 37 miles . Little less than an hour.
No cameras, mostly 60mph .

:thumb:

askgeez said:
Anyone up for a cheeky convoy on way to Castle Hedingham ??
As it's my part of town , thought I would put it out there .
(I drive this route regularly as my mum lives in Rayne)

Think it's a 10am open. So maybe a 9am meet ?

These are my way points:-

M11 / A414 roundabout (convenient if youre getting off Jct 27 M25)
McDonalds car park. London Rd, Hastingwood, Harlow, CM17 9LH

Smith's restaurant
Fyfield Rd, Chipping Ongar, Ongar, CM5 0AL

Black Bull pub
Dunmow Rd, Fyfield, Ongar, CM5 0NN

Axe & Compasses
Dunmow Rd, Aythorpe Roding, Dunmow, CM6 1PP

47 The Street restaurant
Rayne, Braintree, CM77 6RU

(possibly another back route here depending on timing)

Hedingham Castle
Bayley St, Castle Hedingham, Halstead, CO9 3DJ

If you can fit it in, Dunmow to Bardfield, Finchingfield via B1057 and B1053 via Whethersfield, Sible Hedingham to Castle Hedingham is a cracking route. Just watch for the Bikers early Sunday Morning... :thumb:
Bosworths on the Green in Finchingfield for Breakfast....

Have missed out on tickets now or would have joined in. :?

Is it anything like Goodwood or Silverstone where the police are wise and are out catching enthusiasts?

The return of Marty Wild said:
Is it anything like Goodwood or Silverstone where the police are wise and are out catching enthusiasts?

On the day there's usually camera vans in the village surrounding the castle. It's a 20 mph limit so it's easy pickings for them.

Top tip, Terry. Worth knowing! I plan to cruise over, mitigate any risk and hopefully keep the car less smothered in bugs.

Off topic - Do you guys go over your cars with quick detailer once you park up, or is that a VW thing?

Top tip, Terry. Worth knowing! I plan to cruise over, mitigate any risk and hopefully keep the car less smothered in bugs.

Off topic - Do you guys go over your cars with quick detailer once you park up, or is that a VW thing?

The cars on display in the show areas will no doubt have a spruce up, but the rest of us parked up, a very short walk away, will be spread out in a very large parking area. During my previous three visits I have yet to see anyone buffing up their car in the general 911 parking areas. (Unless for the removal of harmful bird/insect splat and windscreen clean)

Not just a VW thing, when forming part of static displays at Crystal Palace in the past I would give a quick squirt and wipe, Windsor meets too (Whatever happened to them?)

Given that at the last couple of CatC events I've been parked in the same field as GT3 4.0's, 997 Sports Classics and brand new 991 Turbos I'm taking the view that very few people will be giving my car a second glance.

i.e I'll park it up and walk away. :grin:

:lol: thanks, Gents.

I know my car will be very low on the pecking order, I actually think that is why it needs to stand out on it's own merits.

Never used QD though, surely taking a cloth (albeit Microfibre) to the now dirty paintwork goes against the two bucket technique ethos? haha

I remember a mate going through 'Show n shine' at ED38 in his mk2 G60 with raw sausages and empty beer bottles in the boot. We'd actually slept in it. He still got silver in the non modded category.

Sid Spanner, Lofi and myself are planning to join you for this run to the Castle, so all being well we'll see you before 9am in the McDonalds car park :thumb:

I should be able to make 9 Guy :thumb:

When I know which route you're taking, I will tag along in the Dunmow/Rodings area....... :thumb:

Planning to be with you just before 9 as well Guy. :thumb:

Sounds epic. Hope the weather holds up for what looks like a cracking meet :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back