Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rustproofing B-pillars

9xxnick

I'd like to get some rustproofing wax into the b-pillars, but can't see how to get access to them. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

I wouldn't think it's a corrosion spot and probably requires the removal of interior trim. There is a spot welded seam in sunroof channel at the top of the B-pillar where water would get in on mine and came out just above the rear seat belt reel mounting point. After several unsuccesful attemps to cure the leak I got rid of the sunroof and had a new roof skin fitted, now the bloody a/c evaporator has got a leak so I'm back to basic ventilation. A good access point would be the top seat belt hanger bolt. Worst corrosion points are the well documented rear chassis rails, bottom of the doors (including window channels), outer sill on the passenger side where the a/c pipes run and of course the dreaded screen surround. When mine had a full back to metal respray the only areas that needed attention were the sill (bad after a bodged previous repair) and rear chassis rails (slight) Jackal's site covers most of them but different cars have different problems.

I agree that it's not a major rot-spot but with the cars all being 20+ years old now I feel I can justify getting some wax into every cavity I can get at. The challenge with this area is that there isn't any obvious entry point.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back