Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mk1 Aero front bumper on std Carrerra.

coullstar

Singapore
Theres a very well looked after C2 local to me that Im going to look at however if I buy it I would like to toughen it up a little. Ideally looking for an an aero car but there is basically no nice C2's with the kit for sale at the moment.

Therefore I was considering a aero front bumper with no side skirts (I don't really like the skirts), some different wheels then think about the rear/wing at some point to tie in. Colour is zenith blue.

Thinking something along the lines of the CSR cars.

Anyone fitted an aero front bumper only and did it look out of proportion with the no side skirts?

I've often wondered about this and mused about what an aero PU would look like on a standard Carrera without the side skirts as I too am not a fan of them.

I assume you've searched on Google images?

Yes and there is not really anything. There is a MK1 for sale at the moment with blue wheels etc that I think it like that with a rear wing.

I've also seen a MK2 style aero front that fits MK1 and it looks okay.

I'm just wondering what it would look like with either a MK2 GT wing or even a ducktail. Just something a little different.

I fitted an Aero front to my '99 3.4, but i went with the 996.2 GT3 sideskirts to go with it. I prefer them over the 996.1 version and not a fan of the look without the sideskirts.

I bought genuine bits new.

You will pay around £1000+ for a new front bumper and £700+ for the sideskirts.

i put a aero kit on my C2

Attachments

• aero_kit_147.jpg
    aero_kit_147.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 2,659
I've had the GT2 wing on my 996 and the ducktail (still on), have the gt3 front end going on in the next few months.

I have some pics of the wings, where is the best place to host now ?
I'll put them up then

M

Car is standard ride height at present, but I have a set of coilovers to fit so it will be dropping

not sure what i'm doing with the gt2 wing, its hanging in my garage at the moment

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back