Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather wipes - not good

TBE997

Hi,
I bought the below leather interior wipes from halfords and i thought it was an easy way to clean the interior. however it has left very shiny swirl marks all over my seats and side dash, and generally it feels very oily.... (for a good week now, i thought maybe its going to dry...)

A6qjMse.jpg

Does anyone know any good interior detailer around london that i can bring my car to for a full leather interior detail? also have some nasty marks on the drivers side (i guess from the rubbing everyime someone gets in and out of the car).

Thanks
TBE

Microfibre cloth ( may need 3/4 ) two to apply leather feed - work in well but do not apply too much - allow to dry - burnish with clean ones --- if you want it - thats the first option . For rapid swirl on plastic Autoglym Fast Glass (£8)

However :?: I get the feeling you want it correct - members will provide advice re detailing etc :thumb:

:bandit:

TBE997 said:
Does anyone know any good interior detailer around london that i can bring my car to for a full leather interior detail? also have some nasty marks on the drivers side (i guess from the rubbing everyime someone gets in and out of the car).

Thanks
TBE

Try http://www.elitedetailing.co.uk

Leathercare will make it smell like the inside of a 1960s Bentley :cloud9:

If there's scuffing you need to re-dye it first. You can DIY but detailers know the score :thumb:

I thoroughly recommend Dr Leather Cleaner.... Use this with a Raceglaze leather brush and gently agitate, wiping after with a microfiber cloth.

Another vote for Dr Leather, so easy to use. Bloody brilliant on the steering wheel :thumb:

+ 1

I use Dr Leather wipes, they are great. Use them in the house on the leather furniture as well :thumb:

BChivs said:
I thoroughly recommend Dr Leather Cleaner.... Use this with a Raceglaze leather brush and gently agitate, wiping after with a microfiber cloth.

:yeah:

Dodo Juice product gets good reviews as well.

peterg1955 said:
LTT Leathercare products were recommended on another forum when I got a car with leather seats and I've been using them ever since :thumb:

http://lttleathercare.com/product-category/auto-products/page/2/

yep give Judy a PM shes a forum member and LTTs technical director she will advise , I have used their products and they are very good , I know she will advise against oil based products as modern leather doesnt need it and leaves it shiny , have a look for her threads in this detailing sub section :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back