Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEW Urban Kanga Baby Seat for 993 /964?

Alam

Chaps

I've just come across this product launched recently. Been a hit in Japan where space is limited and confirms to all euro regulations.

Always had issues with booster seats and baby seats in the back of the 993. This item looks compact enough to fit in a 964/993 with the benefit of the built in seat belts.

My 3 year old should fit in fine, so have ordered 1 from Amazon (link below) to see how it fares. Has anyone heard of it or have one installed in an aircooled car?

http://eprnews.com/new-urban-kanga-...ets-urban-parents-with-changing-needs-130606/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Urban-Kanga-Uptown-Portable-Foldable/dp/B06XS8YBP8

That looks ace! Be sure to update the thread with some pics :thumb:

Not heard of it, looks like a great product.

Really hope you have a great result in the Porsche with it, Def let us know and post pics. It might be that the bottom is a bit too square-shaped to fit snuggly and therefore safely into the 993/64 back seats. The cabriofix that a bunch of air-cooled owners use (including myself) fits so well as it's rounded out at the back.

Probably the best 993 and 964 Baby Seat - Urban Kanga

Chaps,

Seats arrived today for my 3 year old (Amazon Sunday deliveries are great!)

My 6 year old will use a Bubble Butt (RRP £25), which is perfect, its got the belt anchor as well so the belt does not go across the neck but rather the shoulder.

The Urban Kanga (RRP £120) fits a treat the only thing i need to figure out is how i can anchor the seat belt in a locked mode. If i pull on the seat slowly seat moves forward (the give within the seatbelt), when i yank it it locks. I want that locked position permanent. Suggestions guys on how i can achieve this??? :?:

If i can get that sorted then i highly recommend this for the 993 and 964

Thanks for posting.... it does look good! Looks like it was custom made for it

I'm sorry I don't know how to lock a seat belt in. I've already had this as an issue with non-isofix seats that I've used in rental cars on holidays. they always seem loose. They never felt safe, but I guess when you need it to lock, it does.

Hopefully, someone comes along with a way to lock belts.

I've got a 5-year-old and a 1-year-old. That looks perfect for the 1-year-old in 6 months. I think that's when they can sit forward facing.

These look great... however...

Until I read some of the reviews on Amazon US where the product has been discontinued.. also no longer available on Amazon UK

It appears they do a great job.. but... and it's a big but... they might screw with the integrity of the seatbelt.

Just thought I'd warn... make up your own mind obvioysly

Here is one review that sums it up

"I used to use these and thought they were the best idea ever. They made it possible to easily tighten any carseat into any seatbelt that did not provide LATCH which was a newer thing then. Then I was in an accident with my two toddlers. I was driving a newer Honda Accord, not some crappy beater. We hit another car head-on going 55+ mph. We were thankfully not seriously injured but after examining my car afterward, I noticed that right above where the Mighty Tite held the seatbelt was a small rip in the car's seatbelt. I am not confident that had the accident involved more force than our did such as rolling or hitting something else following initial impact, that the seatbelt would not have completely ripped through, thus throwing my son in his carseat around the interior or out the window. So I can no longer recommend these. I feel that the continued tightening/releasing/re-tightening and overtightening placed stress on the car's seatbelt."

https://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kid...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

Thanks for sharing, I did not know that - there's a Mighty Tite integrated into the base of the CabrioFix that I use for my daughter in the back of the car.

Time to find an alternative car seat after reading the above!

Re: Probably the best 993 and 964 Baby Seat - Urban Kanga

Alam said:
Chaps,

Seats arrived today for my 3 year old (Amazon Sunday deliveries are great!)

My 6 year old will use a Bubble Butt (RRP £25), which is perfect, its got the belt anchor as well so the belt does not go across the neck but rather the shoulder.

The Urban Kanga (RRP £120) fits a treat the only thing i need to figure out is how i can anchor the seat belt in a locked mode. If i pull on the seat slowly seat moves forward (the give within the seatbelt), when i yank it it locks. I want that locked position permanent. Suggestions guys on how i can achieve this??? :?:

If i can get that sorted then i highly recommend this for the 993 and 964

Thanks for the update! This looks really good. I wonder whether it will squeeze into the back of a cabrio with the narrower seat base. If it's not any trouble, would be able to see if this seat fits in the front passenger seat? I'm thinking that's the best way I have any chance of using my cabrio with my almost-3yr-old! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Urban Kanga

Got back from the Blenheim Palace Classic & Supecar event today. While the trip was a complete washout there were some great cars on display.

The Urban Kanga worked a treat and due to the compact size of it it provided a solid support base for my son. In addition no floppy head (when he fell asleep) due to the side support cushions. While not cheap should be good for at least another 3-5 years and can also double as a booster later on.

It will easily fit in the front. They market it as a portable car seats as it only weighs 3kg. No probs...

:thumbs:

Nice. Did you find a solution for locking it in position or is it fine without that?

Seriously looking for a new car seat that gives my Mrs more room in the front, and this looks very compact from that perspective...

It was ok as I pulled it back as much as possible. My son rarely sits in the back and I can always move the seat to the front.

Try it out and see how you fair with it?

Kash

Thanks, will do!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back