Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Major Service at Precision Porsche - Review

The return of Marty Wild

Having had my 987.1 Cayman S since December, she was due a major service. And I wanted her to receive the full works and have a good checking over.

My options were PorscheTorque where she was looked after by Tom 911v before I took ownership. Paragon that I drive past regularly and Precision down near Brighton.

Given I spend a lot of time down on the South coast, it was really out of Paragon and Precision. I knew Paragon are not considered the cheapest but a friend bought a car there and was happy many moons ago.

After receiving a lot of help from our resident mechanic, I thought it only right that I put the business they way of Precision. Demort kindly agreed to handle the work himself and I booked her in.

From the moment of arrival, it was clear Demort and his colleagues take pride in what they do and I was warmly received and given the option of taking a courtesy car straight away or hanging around to look at the diagnostics and underneath the car once she was up on the ramp. Luckily the other half had stayed in bed and I was clear to stay a while. Iain brought me over and walked me through the screens in great depth, with passion and incredible amount of knowledge. Thankfully there were no errors other than those that pop up after a 'service light' clearing. My engine data was spot on too (see attached).

I was then invited under the car a bit later once the wheels had been taken off for a thorough clean along with the plastic trays. Nothing was too much effort, he fielded a lot of questions as I believe you never truly know a car until you see her underneath. He showed me a few areas that would need bearing in mind going forward but was very pleased with the overall condition of the car.

I then tootled off in the courtesy car to return that afternoon. I was told the car would be ready at 4pm, a good 8 hours after I dropped her off. In which time I had had the major with plugs, brake fluid and gearbox oil. They confirmed that all the bits agreed by Tom 911v as part of the sale had been done and therefore every maintenance box had been ticked since my ownership.

They even went to the level of refinishing the wheel bolts in gloss black and the carrier (is it) between the wheels and the discs. The car looked stunning when I arrived and the drive home was just immense. You always get those few extra horses after a major don't you, be them actual or placebo, the car is running super sweet.

The price of the work came in similar to what I was paying at a well-regarded VW R32 Indy in Essex. It was clear from talking to the friendly members of staff that they are knowledgeable and passionate. Must say, AMD in Thurrock were nowhere near as pleasant to deal with. As for Demort, the man lives and breathes these cars, the support he gives on here and the workmanship he delivers on the ramp are a huge asset to the forum and his employer.

Would highly recommend and they share their yard with a steam railway, what more could you want! I personally love the smell of a steam train being stoked up of a morning. The staff there are not so keen. So thanks to Precision, I will be back.

P.s. there was some lovely metal around, especially this SC having a full rebuild with 200 miles on the clock, every inch of the car was brand new! Incredible!

Attachments

• engine_data_147.jpg
    engine_data_147.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 6,065
  • bolts_165.jpg
    bolts_165.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6,065
  • carrier_119.jpg
    carrier_119.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6,065
  • anni_front_124.jpg
    anni_front_124.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 6,065
  • air_199.jpg
    air_199.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 6,065
  • sc_168.jpg
    sc_168.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 6,065
  • steam_power_176.jpg
    steam_power_176.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 6,065
Precision looked after my 993's, my Boxster and my Cayman. They are the same as many of us on here, i.e. enthusiasts rather than people who buy a Porsche for the name/status.

Top boys :thumb:

Oh that's good to hear! Could tell from the moment I arrived that I had come to the right place. As you say, the people I spoke to were clearly knowledgeable and passionate.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back