Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It is just very rare in here

ellistai

Spa-Francorchamps
A little bit of myself, if you could bare with me for a sec please. Everything started with a 05 997.1 C2S Manual back in those days. Since then, I know 911 is the car I ever want. I sold the 997.1 after some years of ownership, to finance my acquisition of my 97 993 C2S Vesuvius Grey. No regrets at all.

So here in my home country (Hong Kong), I have 993. I work in China on regular basis. I always wanted a good fun manual car there. I didn't expect that I would encounter such a rare car, a 997.2 C2S Manual.

This gentleman is the mechanic from HK whom I flew him all the way to a remote China city to help me with PPI.

Like US, China is not a market for manual transmission. People tend to think that cars with A/T are luxury, while those with M/T are cheap. Anyway, I think there may be less than 5 997.1 manuals in here (some are personal import by say diplomatic personnels working in embassies). As for 997.2 manuals, so far I don't know if there's another one.

The car is a MY10 C2S in Macadamia Metallic, and Natural Brown interior. It doesn't have many options from factory. No Sport Chrono, Sport Seats or PSE. Rumour said the very first owner, probably a manager of an OPC here in China, wanted a very basic car. When I bought the car, it had less than 30,000 km on clock. And it came with a set of Sports Classic alloys (replica) and Tubi exhaust. Also a replica-911 rear badge!

Previous owner added some art pieces to the car, and some CF trims, which are not to my taste though.

Since I got the car, I have been trying to restore it back to factory original, with new steering wheel/gear shifter/armrest. The only thing that's not original is the Macassar handbrake lever which I found 2nd hand on eBay.

Firstly, a set of correct wheels

Rear badge corrected.

My next to-do would be the exhaust. I am debating myself if I should replace the Tubi with original exhaust. I have got both PSE and non-Sport factory exhaust, both 2nd hand, ready. At first, I wanted to "upgrade" the car with PSE. But the wiring work required is worrying me. So now I think I may just restore it with non-Sport exhaust, if I am doing it. Tubi somehow doesn't seem too bad to me.

So, sorry for my lengthy message. I wish I am welcomed here again as a 997 owner. I like 997 very very much. I think it's the most civilised but still analog enough P car around.

Thank you for reading!

Chigster said:
:useless:
Great write up!

PB are fooked now. Move over to postimage or similar :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, I like macadamia its a very unusual colour. Sounds like you have a nice car but as others have said find another photo hosting site as photo bucket is useless unless you pay and theirs no need to do that there are other free options, so they will be falling by the wayside very soon.

I get the impression that the Porsche scene is growing in HK :thumb:

Chigster said:
Great write up!
Sorry guys! Didn't know Photobucket is no longer working here. Strangely, their links work fine on my computer!

I have switched to Flickr and I hope it works okay now.

:useless: so please let me know if you can't see the pictures!

ellistai said:
Chigster said:
Great write up!
Sorry guys! Didn't know Photobucket is no longer working here. Strangely, their links work fine on my computer!

I have switched to Flickr and I hope it works okay now.

:useless: so please let me know if you can't see the pictures!

Perfect, I have never seen anything like the old west saddle type centre arm rest. lol bet the Americans would pay good money for that armrest. but the car looks very nice, are those genuine fuch alloys or replicas . :thumb:

Great write up, hope you are enjoying the car.

What are the roads like? Any decent corners or is it mostly grid layout like in the US?

I would keep the Tubi system on if it was mine.

James

Great write up. I'm going to say it though - I loved the macadamia metallic with those replica wheels, gave it a retro style that seemed to work.

Great write up , good to see a man that isn't scared to take it apart to get where he wants to be .!!

Personally , I like the Fuchs type wheels better than the gen2 wheels... Nacadamia is a great colour and in Asia just seems to really show well in the light there whereas in U.K. , it's not so popular... but it looks great on the 'S'

I also love the 997 shape and design , it's a great car....

Armrest was a one off though ( I hope!)

Great looking car. But l would say that anyway as my 997.2 S is the same colour. Some love it and some hate it. Your a man of excellent taste. :thumb:

Great looking car - thanks for sharing. :thumb:

lovely looking car and great write up! I also think the Fuchs looked good on that car, it's a nice one for sure :)

ragpicker said:
:welcome:

Great write up, I love the colour and I actually like the arm rest too.

We always welcome any porsche fan here no matter where you are from. Please keep the updates coming!

:thumb:

That makes 2 of us!

I love metallic brown 911s, In fact, metallic brown is the new cool, unlike chavy white - a colour of yesteryear.

As for a gen II manual, yes they are quite rare due to the fixation of folk wanting a PDK box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back