Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone knowledgable about aftermarket alarms?

deutschland-dobson

Hi Gang,

The Autowatch alarm and Cobra immobiliser on my 964 are acting up. Central locking doesn't work when car is hot and immobiliser won't disarm sometimes!

Time to rip it out and go for an alarm upgrade.

Rather than fitting something space age, I wondered about fitting a 90s period correct system, such as a NOS Clifford. Anyone know if this would still hold a Thatcham approval?

Any suggestions greatfully received :thumbs:

Chris

Well here's my suggestion:-

Don't fekkin bother. ALL retro fit alarm/immobiliser systems are an utter PITA in my experience. Mainly from my bike days.... crush them all in a massive crusher thing then set fire to them. Grrrr....

Thanks for the quick responses guys, as always :)

Off to Google H&P...

Chris

I have a Clifford concept 50+ in the garage somewhere & it never gave any problems when I had it fitted. It's a cat 1 alarm & as far as I can see, it still is as it fits the criteria. Immobiliser & interior sensing. As far as I recall, it also senses someone getting too close to the car & sends a warning chirp.
If the OP was interested, I could look out the system & wiring diagrams for you?

Clanky said:
I have a Clifford concept 50+ in the garage somewhere & it never gave any problems when I had it fitted. It's a cat 1 alarm & as far as I can see, it still is as it fits the criteria. Immobiliser & interior sensing. As far as I recall, it also senses someone getting too close to the car & sends a warning chirp.
If the OP was interested, I could look out the system & wiring diagrams for you?

Thanks for the kind offer bud, but looks like the Concept 50 is deleted from the list of Thatcham approval :(

rip it out and dont replace ..

use a mechanical deterant instead like a steering wheel lock

i

hot66 said:
rip it out and dont replace ..

use a mechanical deterant instead like a steering wheel lock

i

Wish I could James, condition of Insurance tho :(

TBH I would rather rely on a mechanical deterrent.

Chris

have a word with your insurers and see what they actually say when you tell them you are just relying on factory fitted door lockes etc

My insurers don't insist on any anti theft stuff etc for my 2.4S so having an alarm etc isn't always required

Hi Chris,

I've always had excellent advice and service from Sungold Auto Electrics 273 5667, speak to Garry.

Cheers, Keith

Thanks James & Keith for the info :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back