Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swiss Tony I aint

baddabing

Silverstone
I'm selling my turbo, or that is to say trying to, but have yet to entice even a time-wasting tyre kicker to come to Devon to look. Is my add cr@p?? It's a well sorted car, yes highish miles, but has had the usual mechanical stuff sorted and hasn't missed a beat. Yes yes yes, soft leather seats I know - but they're comfortable and you can't see them when you're sat in it...

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=7746

:dont know:

Ad looks fine to me...

Where is it advertised (apart from on here :frustrated: )

:thumb:

Here and eBay. TBH I'd have thought any one seriously looking would be checking here/pistonheads/eBay - so any one of them should suffice.

Cool 8)

I would give Autotrader a try too. It's a bit more old skool but I find you don;t get keyboard warriors on there and people actually phone you...yes, phone and TALK to you :eek:

I think it looks good too :dont know:
Good price, The wording seems fine, good maintenance and nice add on's RSS mount etc..
Maybe if I'm being picky... You could swap some of the interior shots for more exterior shots..
+1 on Autotrader too It does seem to attract a better standard of buyer than say PH...
Also I've known quite a few folks who had success on this site..
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/
Good luck :thumb:

I think the pictures are very dark and don't show the car at its best.

Don't mean to be negative but you really need good clear pictures that show the car off.

When I'm on the look out for a new car good pictures always make me look at an ad in a bit more detail.

I would also put the car on Autotrader in a premium ad. Think they are about £50 for a month or more.

Looks like a lovely car good luck finding a buyer.

I don't consider myself to be a particularly stupid man, but I can't make any sense of the classifieds on this forum.

I tried to search them for suitable cars when I was looking for mine but just gave up, would comb through eBay/Autotrader/Pistonheads/Carandclassic.

The car I ended up buying was on three of those four.

I don't want to be too negative but the pics you have up are doing the car no favours. Get the car nicely waxed up, tyres slicked etc and get some good pics from all angles, should sell no bother but as others have said, I'd maybe consider Autotrader as well.

My guess is the seats, you're selling at almost 10 grand less than the next turbo.

Sorry to say those seats will put a lot of people off and exterior colour is the most common. Needs some nice clear high res pics.

Reasonable price tho

Swiss Tony I ain't

Well, perhaps you are overlooking that fact that selling cars is like, like making love to a beautiful woman.............

skinny_monkey said:
Sorry to say those seats will put a lot of people off and exterior colour is the most common. Needs some nice clear high res pics.

Reasonable price tho

I agree on the seats but they are cheap to change. I would have thought that Arctic Silver was massively more common than Polar Silver though, I see very few for sale.

MC

Having now looked at the advert I think that the other posters are correct - some different photographs which show the car off to greater advantage would likely make a big difference.

Give it a wash, park it somewhere with a neutral background on a bright day, use a decent camera.

All good points, many thanks. Yes I agree some nicer pictures would help - but at the end of the day it's a polar silver 996 turbo - which looks like, well, a polar silver 996 turbo. When I was looking to buy the pictures of the car itself mattered less to me than the history of the vehicle. But, yes, agree with your points...
Re the other things, yes, the seats might put people off, but as MC said they are really cheap to change (I like 'em anyway (of course) - the two tone looks great in my eyes and really lifts the interior). Polar silver is also not v common, arctic silver much more so.
I'll try to take some better pics in the next week or so and perhaps list on Pistonheads.

(Selling a car IS much like making love to a beautiful woman - expensive, occasionally unrewarding and, er... you must give the headlights a good polish??)

HSC911 said:
Cool 8)

I would give Autotrader a try too. It's a bit more old skool but I find you don;t get keyboard warriors on there and people actually phone you...yes, phone and TALK to you :eek:

Autotrader is a rip off. At least with eBay you can put an email contact or a £5 SIM from Tesco :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back