Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NC500 2017 - Final Update (Pics Heavy)

:envy:

One day I'll do it too. Sadly, probably not in a 911.

:popcorn:

T8 said:

Why not, you have me worried about you?

lofi said:
T8 said:

Why not, you have me worried about you?

Nothing sinister.

It's a trip I'd do with :thewife: and we'd probably make a week of it (including the journey up and back).

The frunk of a 911 just isn't big enough for all her kit - aside from the fact that she doesn't like paxing in the 911 anyway. :nooo:

She could always do driving duties - give you a chance to sample some of that awesome Scotch :cheers:

Okay, just got back yesterday so here's my first post regarding my NC500 trip :driving:

Getting There and Back

I live in London so just getting there and back is 1,100 miles :eek: However I got a bit lucky in getting some extra time added to the start of it as I'm on Garden Leave having been headhunted. Sheer luck but I thought I'd take it.
This let me 'bolt on' some time with friends, family and sightseeing on the east coast before arriving in Inverness for the start.

Doing this made the time feel less 'dead' and by being fortunate enough to break the journey up I was able to find some lovely roads. So here's the first installment:

Whitehaven to Glenkinchie Distillery via Duns

I headed from outside Whitehaven where I have family and headed onto the M6. The A595 to Carlisle was traffic filled and slow so I was delighted to be onto the M74 after what felt like an age.

I turned off the M74 onto the A7, then the A698 after Hawick to connect me to the A68 running north.

I then took the A1065 to Duns where I visited The Jim Clark Rooms. This was a long time ambition having found and visited his crash site earlier in the year when myself and the other S.H.I.T.S. visited Hockenheim (the 'H'....).

I then followed the A6112 onto the A1 before stopping at Glenkinchie Distillery, which I accessed via the B6355, A6093 then a couple of single track ones.

After that I headed for Fife to see more familly, enjoying as much scenery as I could before getting caught up in the usual Edinburgh Ring Road snarl up.

But apart from the road to Carlisle and the Ring Road this was a superb way to travel north. I went to bed a happy man :grin:

More to follow......... :thumbs:

Looks like a proper road trip, Paul, perfect for a Turbo one would imagine.

Looking forward to the next instalments and congrats on the new job!

Ps, as you were in Scotland did you drop in to see Wiz :?: :dont know:

DynoMike said:
Ps, as you were in Scotland did you drop in to see Wiz :?: :dont know:

I thought that was a bollard Wiz put up to stop him :dont know:

IMG_0459.jpg

New997buyer said:
Okay, just got back yesterday so here's my first post regarding my NC500 trip :driving:

Getting There and Back

I live in London so just getting there and back is 1,100 miles :eek: However I got a bit lucky in getting some extra time added to the start of it as I'm on Garden Leave having been headhunted. Sheer luck but I thought I'd take it.
This let me 'bolt on' some time with friends, family and sightseeing on the east coast before arriving in Inverness for the start.

Doing this made the time feel less 'dead' and by being fortunate enough to break the journey up I was able to find some lovely roads. So here's the first installment:

Whitehaven to Glenkinchie Distillery via Duns

I headed from outside Whitehaven where I have family and headed onto the M6. The A595 to Carlisle was traffic filled and slow so I was delighted to be onto the M74 after what felt like an age.

I turned off the M74 onto the A7, then the A698 after Hawick to connect me to the A68 running north.

I then took the A1065 to Duns where I visited The Jim Clark Rooms. This was a long time ambition having found and visited his crash site earlier in the year when myself and the other S.H.I.T.S. visited Hockenheim (the 'H'....).

I then followed the A6112 onto the A1 before stopping at Glenkinchie Distillery, which I accessed via the B6355, A6093 then a couple of single track ones.

After that I headed for Fife to see more familly, enjoying as much scenery as I could before getting caught up in the usual Edinburgh Ring Road snarl up.

But apart from the road to Carlisle and the Ring Road this was a superb way to travel north. I went to bed a happy man :grin:

More to follow......... :thumbs:

N997B ,
Are you on the route right now?

When are you on the Northern part ?Inverness area ?

Have a great time Paul...superb

New997buyer said:

I think he's back? :dont know:

Looks like it was an epic trip young man. Looking forward to seeing some more pics of the sights and some maps of the routes of the best roads....

I see you avoided Ragpickerland like the plague!? :?: Something I said?

@Dynomike - I think if N997B and Wiz did meet up some of the forum 'banter' would be much more palatable. Paul is one of the nicest, most enthusiastic, knowledgeable and kind forum members I've had the pleasure of meeting. As are the majority of forum members in my experience.

Sorry N997B, didn't mean to derail your thread :thumb:

@911TEL - back now mate :thumb:
@Dynomike & @AlexYates - happy to meet anyone from the forum :dont know:
@ragpickerupper - took the M6 up and back. On the way up 'twas Cumbria I had to aim for. On the way back I ran out of time for detours as MrsN997B managed to lock herself out (signing for a parcel for me :oops: ) so I needed to be back quickly to repair the glass in the front door :sad:

Likewise Paul - my kettle is always on for other forum members :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back