Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hmmm 997 vs old school 911 would you swap ??

Boba fett

Well I was at Porsche Tonbridge today having some work done and sat there was the most mint 930 turbo (it brought back memory's) now today - I get the pub ammo nostalgia and following of the 930 and older models I am not here to poo poo that first and foremost. (Also there was the new .2 GT3 that was the franchise owners son)

So I had a 930 Turbo many many moons ago along with a 993 Turbo and 964 Turbo and from an investment point of view, regretted it, I'm sure you can see that... :?: :?: :?: .......

However from a looks point of view, myself and and a few others their :wack: agreed the 997 is possibly the sweet spot, it so good looking and so right :thumb:

Interested in your thoughts.... :worship: :worship: :worship:

A black 930 is just perfection. 8)

The 997 is the best looking of the none IB cars though.

kas750 said:

Sorry its not perfection either, However, I am just waiting to be assassinated ... :thumb:

The size and look of a 993 has never been bettered imo, which is why I bought one :)

I drive mine so I doubt I'll make money if I ever want to sell it, but after a ***** day, a blast around some country lanes never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Boba fett said:
kas750 said:

Sorry its not perfection either, However, I am just waiting to be assassinated ... :thumb:

Please refer to my previous post.

Putting values and uses to one side (I wouldn't want a 930 for commuting, much as I wouldn't want a 997T for occasional use), the 930 wins hands down for looks and charisma. Much as a 964T does and maybe even a 993T although I never saw the appeal of those, being 4wd etc.

But I'm an 80's kid and still have the picture I had on my bedroom wall of a 328, Countach and 930.

Maybe kids today have pictures of 997Ts on their bedroom walls...

but I doubt it. :p

I love them all, but they are all different beasts iconic 80s and 90s turbos are moving Art, but the 997 stealth fighter is a very usable daily car that can play with most on the road and has many modern luxuries .
re bedroom posters, sadly I never got a ride in my boyhood bedroom poster :grin: :thumb: :grin:

Attachments

• 15216805665_138638982d_b_641.jpg
    15216805665_138638982d_b_641.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 5,442
If you had worn your Lederhosen you would surely of been in with a chance though Phil. :dont know:

kas750 said:
If you had worn your Lederhosen you would surely of been in with a chance though Phil. :dont know:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very true :thumb:

Marky911 said:
That was a great poster back in the day wasn't it. 8)

Its certainly was , theirs a sort of innocence with it that just doesn't exist nowadays. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back